Prayer Items March 8th, 2020
For our Church Community
- Our 2020 Church Sub Theme is “Go & Bear Fruit” and this is the continuation of the 3-year main theme “Go‧Bear Fruit”. Let us actively pursue spiritual growth and encourage people whom we are disciple making to be disciple makers themselves.
- Pray for our AGM on March 22nd. We also seek for brothers’ and sisters’ prayerful discernment if Rev. George Mah should become our Senior Pastor through voting on March 22nd. We ask brothers and sisters to pray with one heart and ask the Lord to lead our decision in line with his will alone.
- Please pray for the direction and execution of our 2020 church plans by our pastors and leaders in all 3 language congregations.
- Pray for the Deacon Board Structure/Function Review Committee meeting this afternoon .
- Please pray for our Church as we are looking for an EM Pastor and a Pastor for Youth (Cantonese/Mandarin).
- In the uncertain situation of the spread of the “New Coronary Pneumonia (COVID-19)” worldwide pandemic, let us pray with one heart to look to God for guidance and to keep us in the face of this challenge and ride out the difficult times together.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for our missionaries near and far. We ask God to expand and equip them with more brothers, sisters, and opportunities to share Jesus in 2020.
- Please pray for Ambassadors for Christ Teens Conference from Mar. 16-19th and that the attendees’ faith may grow. We also pray for 2 speakers Kevin White and Gabriel Ng at this year’s Spring Conference and ask God to pass God’s precious message through them.
- Please pray especially for families or individuals with spiritual and material needs. May we learn to love each other and practice the love of Christ to them.
- Please continue to pray for the worldwide outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and also pray for the missionaries serving in the affected areas, asking God to protect them from infection; we also ask God for HIS mercy so that the outbreak is brought under control and the sick will be healed.
- Pray for our EM prayer meetings on every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7:30 PM in room B03 and that people will be encouraged to participate in them.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they have Bible Study and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Spiritual Gift Night Friday, March 13th as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have Worship Discussion Night on Saturday, March 14th.
- We remember our sister Grace Chan who had sadly passed away and the upcoming funeral. May her family be in our prayers during this difficult time.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
- Pray for our needs for more teachers. May God raise up new Sunday School teachers, leaders, welcome desk helpers and helpers in general.
- “Pray For Me Campaign” phase 2 begins today, may God help children choose three leaders, teachers or parents to pray for them.