News & Announcements March 8th, 2020
Welcome ALL to our Logos Milliken
If this is your first time at Logos, please visit our Welcome Table and kindly sign our guest book.
Next Week EM Sunday Service
- Worship Speaker : Rev. George Mah
- Passage for Message: Philippians 4:4-7
- Welcome Team: EM
Our Sunday worship starts at 11:30 am with a period of 15 minutes for us to pray and reflect. We encourage you to make use of this time to prepare your hearts to worship and enjoy the presence of God.
Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting
EM has prayer meetings every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30 PM in room B03. You are invited to come and pray together as a community.
As we transition from recapping the disciple making process visualized by 4 Chairs we will be continuing our Philippians message series focusing upon centering our lives along the priorities and character of Christ and allowing that to transform us to fruit bearers.
A new course on The Evangelical Faith — an introduction to the core ideas, beliefs and doctrinal affirmations that unite Evangelicals worldwide is in Room B12 at 10AM, all are welcome to attend.
Church outreach activities (Scouts, English Classes, Line Dance, Basketball, Karaoke, Mon Sheong and Yee Hong visiting), have been cancelled for March, in view of the outbreak of the novel coronavirus and to ensure safety amongst its participants.
2020 Spring Conference — has been postponed due to COVID 19 precautions. Please stay tuned for further information about Spring Conference 2021.
- AGM 2020 — Annual Meeting to be held on March 22nd at 3PM in the Sanctuary. The agenda items are
a. Accept the 2019 financial report
b. Accept the 2020 financial budget
c. Elect an internal auditor of 2020
d. Accept Deacon Tony Pang as LBCM’s director representative to sit on the Logos Joint Mission Board of Directors
e. Accept Rev. George Mah to be Senior Pastor, commencing April 1st 2020 to March 31st 2023.
Advance voting or proxy voting take place in basement Fellowship Hall start this Sunday (Mar 8th, 15th, 22nd). Please contact office staff for details. If to vote by email, please email your name and member number to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a ballot.
The financial report for 2019 will be printed on the Sunday and placed at the reception. Members are encouraged to read it in advance and please bring it back when attending the annual meeting.
- 2020 Active Member List — is posted in the basement hallway. Members please verify your names and take note of your member numbers. If you notice on the list brothers and sisters who have been absent for a year or more (the whole of 2019); or your name is missing from the list, please write your name on the blank sheet provided or talk to Deacon Marcel .
News from Finance
Offering reports for Feb. 2020 and Jan-Feb 2020 reports are now posted on the bulletin board outside the main office. Please check your records for reconciliation.
News from Children Ministry
Parenting Training: Bounce Back & Thrive!
The original offer for a free 10-session resiliency skills training program for parents and caregivers of children under the age of 8 starting on March 7this now postponed to Mar. 21st. Every Saturday morning from 9:45–11:45 AM. For more information & registration, please go to Children Centre after worship or check with Connie Ma.
Koinonia Camp 2020 — will run five weeks from July 13th to August 14th. Children Track is for students from JK to Gr. 4; Leadership Track is for Gr. 5 to Gr. 8.
For registration please go to Children Centre, for more information please contact Pastor Angelina Hung or Pastor Mike Wong. Registration form can be downloaded from the church website.
Baptism —EM/YM will be having their Good Friday Baptismal Service on April 10th. If you believe it’s time for you to be baptized or have any question about it, please contact Rev. George Mah or Pastor Mike Wong.
Softball season is just around the corner! Sign-ups begin today by emailing email@example.com with your name and closest intersection. If you are under 19 and wish to play or have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email or talk to Esther Fung or Jensen Wong by March 22nd.
- Library and Literature News — Every 1st and 2nd Sunday of each odd month, our church library will have spiritual books displayed in the Fellowship Hall for brothers and sisters to borrow for reading.
- CBOQ Magazine – we still have a small number of CBOQ Magazines left over from CBOQ Sunday, please get one from the reception desk.
- Retirement Lunch— a retirement lunch will be scheduled on March 29th 1:00 PM to appreciate the faithful service of Rev. Stephen Chung for the past six years at Logos. Tickets are available on Mar. 15th in the Fellowship Hall, $10 for adult and $5 for children.
- News of Members — sister Grace Chan in EM passed away on Feb. 27th and the funeral service is scheduled on Saturday Mar. 14th 10 AM at York Cemetery, 160 Bee Croft Rd. North York. Visitation will be at 9:30 AM.
- News of Pastors and co-workers
a. Pastor Angelina Hung is on leave from Mar. 6-12th.
b. Rev. George Mah will be on leave from Mar. 9-11th.
c. Connie Ma will be on leave from Mar. 14th-21st.