Prayer Items October 18th, 2020
1. Our 2020 Church Sub Theme is “Go & Bear Fruit” and let us actively pursue spiritual growth and encourage people whom we are discipling to be disciple makers themselves. Please pray for our pastors for the planning of our sub theme “Be Renewed” and our 2021-2022 church plans as God guides our pastoral team.
2. Pray for Logos as we will be celebrating our 40th Anniversary as a Church in 2021. May we will move forward with a new spirit and unity that will make us true witnesses to Jesus Christ in this community as continue to be a disciple making church.
3. As the “COVID-19” outbreak worsens and the emergency measures for Ontario are tightened up again, let us as a community of believers let us look up to God for His guidance. Let’s pray for:
a. Brothers and sisters affected by the outbreak, everyday essential workers on the front lines, medical staffs caring for patients, those who are temporarily laid off, and those who still need to go to work daily or need to work from home.
b. Teachers and students, may God keep so that they can adapt to the new measures of the class environment, and the special arrangements for teachers.
4. As we move on from the Thanksgiving season, may we continue to be grateful for what God has blessed us with in our lives and that Thanksgiving means to give to those who need it.
For God’s Kingdom
1. Pray for our missionaries and ministry partners near and far. We ask God to keep them free from viral infections during this trying time.
2. We thank God for the Joint Mission Conference. Let us pray for today’s Mission Sunday and ask God to help motivate us to participate in his Kingdom Work both far and near.
3. Pray for the OCC Shoeboxes this year, the special offering for The Greatest Journey and the Curbside Donation campaign on October 31st. We ask God to inspire brothers and sisters to participate in these important initiatives.
4. May we learn to love each other, practice love and peace, and live the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying for:
a. Frontline workers. May God protect them from infection by the virus. May God look after their families at this challenging time.
b. People who are temporarily laid off, small businesses suffering from loss of income, and families struggling with their finances. We ask God’s mercy to lead them out of this difficult situation in their material needs.
c. Elderly people living in long-term care and retirement homes, and to pray for those who have been isolated, causing anxiety and unease; we ask the Lord to comfort them during this difficult time.
d. Opportunities to bless others from our Church’s special COVID-19 Community Initiatives Newsletter and parents with kids who both work from home for God to help them use their time wisely and properly balance their daily schedule.
e. Please continue to pray for the worldwide outbreak of the COVID-19. We ask God’s mercy to heal those who are infected, and comfort those losing their loves ones due to this COVID-19.
f. Pray for our governmental leaders in Canada and Ontario as we are facing the 2nd wave of the pandemic. We ask God to continue leading our government to seek for the best policies to protect our citizens.
5. Pray for the safety and wellbeing of Canada and our communities in Ontario, and the natural disasters caused by extreme weather around the world. We also pray for the current social and civil unrest worldwide due to racial injustices. May God’s sovereign hand be in control of these difficult situations in the world.
1. Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Tuesdays at 7:30PM, Wednesdays at 7:30PM, Thursdays at 10:30AM, and Friday at 10:30AM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
2. Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they have Small Group Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Fellowship Night on Friday, October 23rd as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have Games Night on Saturday, October 24th.
May this time of church suspension of physical gatherings be a time for these fellowship and small group ministries to grow and be strengthened.
3. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
1. Pray for our children that they will experience peace and protection from God during this period of time.
2. Pray for Fall Fest Virtual Program, pray that we would invite new comers, may we have power to share with our community about God.