News & Announcements October 18th, 2020
We welcome all to join our Worship Service on our Church YouTube Channel LBC (Milliken)
Next Week’s EM/YM Sunday Service (Streaming)
- Worship Speaker: Pastor Mike Wong
- Passage: Acts 18: 24-28
Our EM/YM Joint Sunday worship will start at 11:30 AM on YouTube.
1. Fall Curbside Donations Drive — to be held on Saturday Oct. 31st from 9AM to 1PM in the parking lot. Please check Church website and Weekly News for details.
2. ESL Class
To be held online with Zoom starting Oct. 6th every Tuesday from 10AM-12PM in Cantonese. For more information, please contact Rev. KC Ng.
Children Ministry — Fall Fest Children Virtual Program (Age 2 to Grade 6) is on Saturday October 31st, 2020. 7-8:30pm. Come for fun, fellowship, and teaching. $3 per child. Free for newcomers. To register, please click here for more details.
**Deadline for registration: Oct. 22nd **
Our Mission budget next year is $116,502 and our church Mission budget is $60,000 for a total of $176,502. The pledges will be held two Sundays in a row on October 18th and 25th. Please keep the pledge for offering in the later days, and support with faith and prayer.
Operation Christmas Child
1. We have a target to bless 500 children with OCC Shoeboxes this year. Let’s pray and support to make it come true. For details, please refer to the attached bulletin inserts or visit our Church website.
2. We will also be holding a special offering for The Greatest Journey Discipleship Class from October 11th Sunday to October 25th Sunday. This program allows children who received an OCC shoebox to continue to learn more about Jesus and become a disciple.
For Tithe.ly and e-Transfer offering, please type “The Greatest Journey” in the message box. For those who will use offering envelopes, please write “Others(TGJ)”
1. A Special Members’ Meeting will be held on Sunday Oct. 18 from 2 to 5PM. In this meeting the Deacon Board will share the multiple petition letters received from members after the 2020 AGM and the response from the Board. There will also be a Q&A time. To join the meeting, members please click here to register. After registration, members will receive a confirmation email containing information on how to join the meeting.
2. Church Common Council Meeting — To be held on Sunday November 1st 3PM on Zoom. All Pastors, Church Council Members of all congregations and Common Church Council Members are required to attend the meeting.
1. Ways of Offering
a. Interac e-Transfer
Brothers and sisters can give to Church through Interact e-Transfers beginning August 24th using the email address email@example.com . For more information, please refer to the Church website or newsletter insert.
b. Mail-in cheque offering
c. Cheque Offering Drop off to Church
d. On-line offering using Tithe.ly:
2. News of Pastors and co-workers
The pastors and administration staff are working at the church office on a rotational basis. If you need pastoral care and assistance from office staff, you can call the Church at 905-305-6467, or contact via email or WhatsApp.