Prayer Items August 21st, 2022
For Church Community
As we continue to live out our vision of Loving God, Loving People and Making Disciples, pray that we will be more intentional to love each other, more inviting to the community & beyond. God is at work in us and through us!
Pray God will continue to give us a deeper sense of belonging and investment towards our spiritual family. May we continue to find fresh ways of coming to celebrate what God is doing among us.
- Pray for the upcoming townhall on August 28th, 2022 as we meet our pastoral candidates and get ministry updates.
Pray for the upcoming final reading of the proposed changes to the constitution/by-laws on September 11th.
Pray as we approach deacon candidates for the formation of the new board.
Pray as we wind down for the summer. Please remember our students in prayer as they make preparations for the upcoming school year.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for the upcoming initiatives that we have lined up to bless our community.
a.Thank God for the opportunity to bless and welcome our neighbours and friends through our movie nights. Pray for contacts we make.
b.We thank God for the completion of our Koinonia and Senior Camps. We are thankful for the meaningful encounters and the staff’s commitment to show Jesus. May God continue to work in the hearts of the leaders and the campers.
c) Pray for the launch of the After School Ministry in September, the recruitment of volunteers, and students. We pray for a favorable response from our neighbors as we continue to promote it. We are thankful for our new co-ordinator Joanne Cheung.
- Continue to pray for Ukraine and Russian invasion of the Ukraine.
- Let’s continue to remember our missionaries, ministry partners, and Logos Joint Missions initiatives in prayer both near and far. We pray for their physical protection and a renewed sense of mission.
a.Pray for Rev. and Mrs. To as they return to Hong Kong to make preparations to enter into the mission field in Cambodia.
b.Pray for Mrs. Mary Lee’s recovery from her hip Replacement Surgery.
c.Continue to pray for our missionary Wendy Kwan’s health and recovery.
c.Pray for planning for the upcoming Joint Mission Conferences.
As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for wisdom and be mindful to stay safe and healthy. May God be with those who have recently been affected with it.
- May we embody the message of hope as we can reach out to the world in this year.
a.Pray for Food Banks and shelters in the city as they are under increasing pressures and facing unprecedented demand.
b.Pray for the economic ramifications of Covid-19 around the world as well as those struggling during rising prices and inflation.
c.Pray for people’s emotional and mental health as they deal with mounting pressures surrounding them.
d.Continue to pray for reconciliation and healing of the indigenous community.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Wednesday at 8 pm. Pray that people will be encouraged to participate during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships:
Katalyst (High School): Gym Night on Friday, August 26th and may this be a time of relaxation as the summer winds down.
Refresh (Young Adults)Online Fellowship Night on Friday, August 26th .
Philia (Junior High):Off Night on Saturday, August 27th. May we continue to have a restful summer before school resumes in September.May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- We thank God for a fun filled softball season and that we continue to make faith connections that point people to Jesus. May we continue to pray for those who are not part of our Logos family to continue to get to know us more.
- Pray for Children Ministry, we are choosing new curriculum, may God help us to find the best one.
- Give thanks to God we had a great night with Philia fellowship sharing, eating, and playing.