Prayer Items January 30th, 2022
For Church Community
- We give thanks to God, as we journey into 2022, pray for the plans and initiatives God has given us (more intentional with each other, be more inviting, and community and outward focus). May we continue to live out the theme “Be Renewed”.
- Pray that we can grow to be more relational with the people who join us online, in our neighborhood and beyond.
- Pray that we will gather again as a community soon and safely. Pray for our pastors and leaders. May God continue to give them strength, wisdom and courage to direct our church to fulfill its mission during this season of uncertainty.
- Thank God for the new leaders/pastors stepping up to serve this year. Pray that God will give them wisdom and joy to serve.
- Pray for Deaconess Patty Chu’s family. Her funeral will be on January 31st. May God’s comfort be upon them during this difficult time.
- We give thanks for the opportunity to celebrate Chinese New Year. Pray this will be a good time to connect as a family and share the hope that we have in Jesus with them.
For God’s Kingdom
- As we strive to be a more welcoming and inclusive church, may God help us to make connections with newcomers, immigrants, neighbors and friends. Pray that God will move our hearts to participate and support our new and continuing initiatives.
a. Pray for the Go-VAXX mobile vaccine initiative on February 5th. We are thankful we are able to bless our community.
b. Pray for the New Year rice cake distribution. May we bless new immigrants.
- Let’s continue to remember our missionaries and ministry partners in prayer as they venture into a new year. We pray for their physical protection and a renewed sense of mission.
- Pray for Wendy and K.K. Pray for their health and safety as they continue to make connections and minister the people in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Pray for Rev. Wilson Lu and family. Pray for his ministry in the Bible College and local churches in Panama.
- Pray for Rev. Andrew Lee as he mobilizes and equips potential people interested in mission work.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for wisdom and be mindful to keep safe and healthy.
a. Pray for our country and the world being stricken by Covid-19 and the new omicron variant. Pray for Hong Kong as it is spreading again.
b.Pray for the families who have been impacted by the virus. Pray for the students’, teachers’, and school staff’s safety as they resume meeting at schools.
c.Pray for the medical frontline professionals and those who are seeking medical assessments and medical treatments. Pray for hospitals and other medical facilities as they are overwhelmed with increased numbers of patients that require critical care.
d. Pray for the continuing development and distribution of the vaccine.
- May we embody the message of hope as we can reach out to the world in this year.
a. Pray for Food Banks in the city as they are under increasing pressures and facing unprecedented demand when entering into the new year. Pray for caring and giving hearts.
b. Pray for the economic ramifications of covid as so many people are losing their jobs..
c. Pray for the continual reconciliation and healing process with the indigenous community. Let us continue to be mindful, have a heart to learn, listen and take action as we support the healing of past mistakes.
d. As we journey into a new year, pray for a sense of renewal and hope for the world. May God’s mercy and love be made known to our broken world.
e.Pray for Ukraine. Pray for peace between Ukraine and Russia..
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Wednesday at 8 pm. Pray that people will be encouraged to participate during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships:
Katalyst (High School) as they have Bible Study on Friday, February 4th and that they have a restful time after the final assignments and exams for the term.
Refresh(Young Adults): Online Fellowship Night on Friday, February 4th.
Philia (Junior High): Love in Action Night on Saturday, Feb 12th and may this night challenge the students to put their love for those around them into action.
May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- Remember those that serve in ECC as they start their new roles in 2022.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those who are stressed over work and studying from home.
- We pray for those navigating life changes such as marriage, pregnancies, job transitions, and graduating into university.
- Pray for Sonlight Bundles planning meeting on Feb 3, may God give us wisdom for lesson planning, explore more about God with our children.
- Pray for brothers and sisters who are serving in Children’s Ministry, may God continue to protect them, and help them with faith to serve Logos families.