Prayer Items October 17th, 2021
For Church Community
- As we journey into the Fall, may we move forward with a united spirit with one vision and purpose that will make us a true witness for Jesus Christ as we seek to be a disciple-making church.
- We give thanks that we are able to resume in-person worship. Pray that we will be renewed and be blessed.
- We are thankful that the permit for the foyer renovation & AV upgrade has been approved and work has started. Pray for a smooth and safe process for the project.
- Pray for wisdom for the Pastors, staff and church leaders as they solidify plans for next year.
- Continue to pray for the Deacon Board Structure and Function Reform Committee.
- Pray for the upcoming baptism candidates in December and those considering baptism. We ask God to strengthen their faith so that they can take this important step of faith and continue in a spiritually healthy life with God’s guidance.
For God’s Kingdom
- As we continue with our upcoming 40th Anniversary “Blessed to Bless” initiatives, may God help us look beyond our building to our neighbourhood community to reveal God’s kingdom.
Pray for the upcoming Fall Fest on October 31st.
- Pray for the Operation Christian Child shoeboxes this year, and the special offering for The Greatest Journey. Pray for more brothers and sisters to participate enthusiastically.
- Pray for the upcoming Mission Conference on Oct 22nd and 23rd . Pray for the speaker, Julia Bowring (English Joint Conference with other Logos churches) and Alyssa Esparaz (Children Missions Conference). May God touch our hearts and respond to His calling.
- Please pray for Rev. Wilson Lu and his family as they settle into the Panama mission field. Pray for the establishment of his new ministry. Also, remember in prayer Wendy and Keith Kwan (Tijuana, Mexico) as they are making their final arrangements to go to the mission field in the beginning of November.
- Pray for Rev. Andrew Lee as he has returned to the mission field in Hong Kong last week. Continue to pray for the recovery of Mrs. Mary Lee.
- Pray for the families who emigrated to Canada recently and those in the process of coming.
a.Pray for smooth transition and adaptation.
b.Pray for our New Immigrant Taskforce ministry as we move towards as a more welcoming church. Pray for the opportunity to share the gospel and respond to their spiritual needs. Pray that God will move people’s heart to participate and support this ministry.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for love and peace at this time as we show the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying:
a.Pray for Canada and for the containment of the Delta variant that is quickly spreading around the world. Let us not relax but continue to be mindful to keep safe and healthy.
b.For those who have been impacted by COVID-19. May God protect and comfort them and their families during this challenging time.
c.Pray for the development of the vaccine for children under 12.
d Pray for Doctors and nurses in Western Canada as the health-care system struggles under the pressure of the pandemic’s fourth wave.
- Please pray for our confused and broken world as a spark of hope is beginning to rise among people. May we continually share the hope of Jesus with others and that the church can reach out to the world.
a. Pray for the reconciliation and healing process with the indigenous community. Let us continue to be mindful, have a heart to learn, listen and take action as we support the healing of past mistakes.
b. May God fill the world with peace and harmony. Pray for the recent anti-Muslim hate crimes.
c. Pray for the political unrest around the world.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings on 1st , 3rd , & 5th Wednesday at 8 PM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships: Katalyst (High School) and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Joint Mission Conference on Friday, October 22nd andPhilia (Junior High) as they have Joint Mission Conference “Live it Out Loud!” on Saturday, October23rd. May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those who are stressed over work and studying from home.
- Pray for Fall Fest, pray that we would invite newcomers, may we have power to share with our community about God.
- Pray for Toronto Children Ministry Conference in November, we pray for the opportunity to get together, relax, reconnect, and to support each other.