Prayer Items June 6th, 2021
For our Church Community
- We gave thanks as we celebrated our 40th Anniversary in the past Sunday. We thank those who participated in the 40th Anniversary and for the brothers and sisters for all the work and their tireless effort to put together the presentation and the brand-new website. May we move forward with new initiatives, spirit, and unity that will make us true witnesses for Jesus Christ as we seek to be a disciple making church. May we be mindful of God’s blessings and be alert and sensitive to where He is leading us.
- We are excited to see so many brothers and sisters attended the Town Hall meeting and the Q&A session. Let’s pray for the upcoming 2021 AGM on June 13th for unity in spirit towards an aligned vision and purpose. Pray that God will guide Logos to move forward and let us be excited for the future.
- Pray for the foyer renovation and AV upgrade projects that people get behind this project and to hear from as many stakeholders as possible as we strive to refresh the Church to prepare for the future to glorify God. We also pray for the deacon board structure/ function review committee too.
- Pray for the upcoming baptism and those considering baptism. We ask God to strengthen their faith so that they can take this important step of faith and live a spiritually healthy life with God’s guidance.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for the upcoming curbside food drive and may we look for additional ways to continue our 40th Anniversary Initiative “Blessed to Bless”. May God continue to drive us forward to support local evangelical organizations and join hands in revealing God’s kingdom.
- Let’s remember in our thoughts and prayers our missionaries Pastor Wilson Lu (Panama) as well as Wendy and Keith Kwan (Tijuana, Mexico) as they make their final preparation to venture back to their mission fields.
- May God continue to motivate us to support and live on missions both near and far. We also pray for our summer outreach initiatives (Koinonia Camp and the Seniors Program) as a continual way to bless our community.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for love and peace at this time as we show the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying:
a. For those who have been impacted by COVID-19: frontline essential workers, medical staff, those who still need to go to work daily or work from home, small businesses suffering from lost income, families struggling with finances, senior living in long-term care homes, students and teachers who are adjusting to remote learning. May God protect and comfort them and their families during this challenging time.
b. Pray for Canada as we enter into the three phases of re-opening and the opportunity to get vaccinated. Let us not be relaxed but continue to be mindful to keep safe and healthy and continue to pray for those who are infected.
- Please pray for a confused and challenging world for the spark of hope that is beginning to rise among people. Pray for Manitoba as their COVID cases are on the rise. Also pray for the Indigenous Community as they mourn over the death of the 215 children whose remains were found in the Residential School and pray for God’s healing and comfort to them and their families at this sad news. Pray that we can share the hope of Jesus with others and that the Church can reach out to the world. Pray also for world leaders who are heavily burdened with fighting COVID while taking care of the needs of their people.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings on Wednesday at 7:30 PM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they have Emotionally Healthy Spirituality Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Fellowship Night on Friday, June 11th as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have Grade 6 Greeting Night on Saturday, June 12th. May this time of church suspension of physical gatherings be a time for these fellowship and small group ministries to grow and be strengthened.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those that who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those are stressed over work and studying from home.
- As we welcome the Grade 6s into EM/YM today, we pray that they have a successful transition and their coaches who will be continually investing in them to become disciple making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for start of Summer Life Together today that it be a great time of learning and growing together as an EM/YM Family as we go through the Book of Psalms
- Pray for Grade 2 students as they will join Sonlight Bundles beginning June. Pray for a smooth transition. May God help them adjust to a new fellowship life.
- Pray for Sonlight Bundles children fellowship. May God guide our coaches for planning, help our kids learn about God’s love and grace.