News & Announcements October 4th, 2020
We welcome all to join our Worship Service on our Church YouTube Channel LBC (Milliken)
Next Week’s EM/YM Sunday Service (Streaming)
- Worship Speaker : Rev. George Mah
- Passage for Message: Genesis 8:15-22
Our EM/YM Joint Sunday worship will start at 11:30 AM on YouTube.
Holy Communion — to be held during next week’s, October 11th livestream. Please prepare your bread and grape juice for when Communion occurs during the livestream.
Special Arrangement for Church Activities — In response to the new coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, church meetings and activities will be suspended or held in the form of online gatherings, please visit the church website for more information.
To be held online with Zoom starting Oct. 6th every Tuesday from 10AM-12PM in Cantonese. For more information, please contact Rev. KC Ng.
Children Ministry — Fall Fest Children Virtual Program (Age 2 to Grade 6) is on Saturday October 31st, 2020. 7-8:30pm. Come for fun, fellowship, and teaching. $3 per child. Free for newcomers. To register, go to here for more details.
- 2020 LBC Joint Mission Conference (to be held on Zoom)
Theme: For Such A Time As This…
a. English Mission Conference ― to be held on Friday, Oct. 16th, 8:00PM online.
Speaker: Cid Latty.
b. Cantonese/Mandarin ― to be held on Saturday October 17th 7:30PM.
Mission Conference: 7:30PM
Speaker: Dr. Rev. Harding Ng
c. Children Mission Conference
to be held on Saturday, Oct. 17th, 7:30 PM
Speaker: Vance Sutherland
(Children JK-G6 are welcome to attend)
2. Mission Pledges — Our Mission budget next year is $116,502 and our church Mission budget is $60,000 for a total of $176,502. Please support with faith and prayer. Details and pledge forms will be available next week.
1. Report on AGM 2020 — last Sunday we collected 458 valid ballots. All motions have been accepted in the majority voting. Please see the bulletin inserts for details.
2. A special members’ meeting will be held on Sunday October 18th, 2020 from 2 to 5 PM. Members please make time to attend and stay tuned for information on how to join.
1. Ways of Offering
a. Interac e-Transfer
Brothers and sisters can give to Church through Interact e-Transfers beginning August 24th using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information, please refer to the Church website or newsletter insert.
b. Mail-in cheque offering
c. Cheque Offering Drop off to Church
d. On-line offering using Tithe.ly:
2. Husband of sister Julia Chau in Hebron fellowship passed away on Sept. 29th, may God comfort her and the family at this difficult time.