Prayer Items July 19th, 2020
For our Church Community
1. As we continue to journey through the COVID – 19 shut down of the Church Building and suspension of all Logos activities except for Pre-Recorded Sunday Services, may we realize that Logos is not the building we worship together at, but the Disciple Making Community of believers. May we use this time to grow our spiritual lives and develop a deeper relationship with God.
2. Sunday Bulletin Our 2020 Church Sub Theme is “Go & Bear Fruit” and this is the continuation of the 3-year main theme “Go Bear Fruit”. Let us actively pursue spiritual growth and encourage people whom we are disciple making to be disciple makers themselves. Please pray for the direction and execution of our 2020 church plans by our pastors and leaders in all 3 language congregations.
3. Sunday Bulletin Pray for brothers and sisters affected by the outbreak, – everyday essential workers on the front lines, medical staffs caring for patients, those who are temporarily laid off, those who still need to go to work daily or need to work from home, students who need to adapt to online learning and teachers who teach online.
4. Sunday Bulletin As we continue to journey through this period of COVID 19 Emergency Orders, let’s take this opportunity to connect with our family and friends, meet their needs during this COVID-19 outbreak, and to encourage each other to persevere.
5. Sunday Bulletin As we enter the summer season, we pray for a meaningful time for our brothers and sisters, and an opportunity to rest with our families.
6. Sunday Bulletin Please pray for Rev. To for his medical treatment in Hong Kong. The initial diagnosis shows that his urethra has a bacterial infection causing inflammation and hemorrhage, we pray to God for the best treatment while he is treated in the Hong Kong Hospital. Also pray for Rev. Fred Chiu as he is visiting his family in Hong Kong, and ask the Lord to protect him from viral infections during his stay in Hong Kong, and everything goes well on his trip.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for our missionaries and mission organizations near and far. We ask God to keep them free from viral infections and to look after them in terms of financial and ministry arrangements during this trying time.
- May we learn to love each other, practice love and peace, and live the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying for:
a. Frontline workers. May God protect them from infection by the virus. May God look after their families at this challenging time.
b. People who are temporarily laid off, small businesses suffering from loss of income, and families struggling with their finances. We ask God’s mercy to lead them out of this difficult situation in their material needs.
c. Elderly people living in long-term care and retirement homes, and to pray for those who have been isolated, causing anxiety and unease; we ask the Lord to comfort them during this difficult time.
d. Opportunities to bless others from our Church’s special COVID-19 Community Initiatives Newsletter and parents with kids who both work from home for God to help them use their time wisely and properly balance their daily schedule.
e. Please continue to pray for the worldwide outbreak of the COVID-19. We ask God’s mercy to heal those who are infected, and comfort those losing their loves ones due to this COVID-19.
f. Pray for our governmental leaders in Canada and Ontario as they begin to chart out what the gradual reopening up of our province will look like. May they have wisdom to balance the need to protect people from COVID – 19 and desire to go back to the normal.
- Sunday Bulletin Please pray for our opportunities to bless our surrounding community through Koinonia Summer Camp and the successful completion of the Curbside Donation Drive last Saturday. May this be a blessing opportunity for us to share who Jesus is to those from our community who do not know Jesus.
- Sunday Bulletin Please pray for the current social and civil unrest across the U.S. due to racial injustices, and the social and civil conflicts in Hong Kong. We also pray for the natural disasters caused by extreme weather around the world. May God’s sovereign hand be in control of these difficult situations in the world.
1. Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Tuesdays at 7:30PM, Wednesdays at 7:30PM, Thursdays at 10:30AM, and Friday at 10:30AM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
2. Sunday Bulletin Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they have Iron Chef Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Small Group Night on Friday, July 24th, as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have Philia Zoom Games Night on Saturday, July 25th.
May this time of church suspension of physical gatherings be a time for these fellowship small group ministries to grow and be strengthened.
3. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
4. Pray for the transition of the Grade 6s as they go into EM / YM and their YM coaches to disciple them to go and bear fruit.
5. Pray for our ongoing Summer Life Together, where EM and YM can come together to be more enriched about the truths of God and how to apply it in our daily lives.
- Pray for our children that they will experience peace and protection from God during this period of time.
- Pray for Brothers and Sisters serving in Children Ministry, may they get wisdom and strength from God to serve every Logos family with a faithful heart.