Prayer Items March 29th, 2020
For our Church Community
- In the uncertain situation of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, the closure of the church building and suspension of all Logos activities except for Pre-recorded Worship Services, let us pray with one heart to look to God for guidance and ride out the difficult times together as a Faith Community. May we realize that Logos is not the building we worship together at, but the Disciple Making Community of believers .
- Our 2020 Church Sub Theme is “Go & Bear Fruit” and this is the continuation of the 3-year main theme “Go Bear Fruit”. Let us actively pursue spiritual growth and encourage people whom we are disciple making to be disciple makers themselves.
- Pray for our AGM. The AGM is postponed to June 21st because of COVID-19. Pray that the meeting can take place as scheduled, and for God to be in charge and to lead our AGM smoothly.
- Please pray for the direction and execution of our 2020 church plans by our pastors and leaders in all 3 language congregations.
- Please pray for our Church as we are looking for an EM Pastor and a Pastor for Youth (Cantonese/Mandarin).
- Pray for families during the extended school closure. Parents are adjusting to working from home while children are staying home. Yet some parents working in the essential businesses still need to go to work. We ask the Lord to help everyone adjust and to make good use of various activities to enjoy quality family time.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for Wendy and her husband KK. We are thankful that they came back from Mexico safely. Pray that after this pandemic, God will provide them another opportunity for mission experience in Mexico.
- Pray for our missionaries near and far. We ask God to expand and equip them with more brothers, sisters, and opportunities to share Jesus in 2020 during this COVID – 19 pandemic.
- May we learn to love one another by practicing the love of Christ. Please pray for the needs of the unemployed and those who are temporarily laid off and their families during this pandemic. We seek the Lord’s mercy, to help them out of their predicament, to solve the spiritual and material needs. Also pray for the elderlies living in retirement homes, where they have been isolated from their families and relatives, causing anxiety and unease; we ask the Lord to comfort them during this difficult time.
- Please continue to pray for the worldwide outbreak of the COVID-19 and also pray for the missionaries serving in the affected areas. We ask God to protect them from infection and for HIS mercy so that the outbreak is brought under control and the sick will be healed.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Tuesdays at 7:30PM, Wednesdays at 7:30PM, Thursdays at 10:30AM, and Friday at 10:30AM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world .
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Fellowship Night on Friday, April 3rd as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have Online Fellowship Night on Saturday, April 11th. May this time of church suspension of physical gatherings be a time for these fellowship small group ministries to grow and be strengthened .
- Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
- Pray for our children that they will experience peace and protection from God during this period of time.
- “Pray For Me Campaign” phase 2 has begun. May God help children choose three leaders, teachers or parents to pray for them. Pray that our children’s lives experience changes through prayers.