Prayer Items November 17, 2019
For our Church Community
1. Our 2019 Church Sub Theme is “Fish for People” and as we continue to make disciples from “Me” (Individual) to “We” (Church) and eventually to “Others”, may we all experience how to be Fishers of People as we go and bear fruit.
2. Please pray for our pastors and leaders as they plan for the Year 2020 and for the continuous journey towards a disciple-making church.
3. Please pray for our Church as we are looking for an EM Pastor and an Assistant Pastor for Youth (Cantonese & Mandarin).
4. Please pray for the Congregation Representative Election for Deacon Board Structure/Function Review Committee on Nov. 24th.
5. Please remember in your prayer for the pastoral retreat on Nov. 24 and 25th.
6. Pray for brothers and sisters to be baptized on Sunday Dec. 22nd and those who are praying about the decision to get baptized.
7. Christmas is around the corner and when we celebrate these days with joy let us be reminded to pray for those people around us who are spiritually in need and may we share the good news of Jesus to them.
For God’s Kingdom
1. Please also remember in your prayer sister Wendy Lai and her husband Keith Kwan having left for Mexico on Nov. 5th for a 6-month mid-term mission trip. May God continue to lead them in the mission field.
2. Thank God to continue giving us the chance to participate in the OCC Shoebox campaign this year. This is a unique activity that allows us to participate in person, and to send joy and hope through these shoeboxes to every child in the world who lives in despair. We also thank God that we had collected 536 shoeboxes up to last Sunday. May God continue to bless OCC’s ministry and let God’s kingdom continue to expand.
3. Please remember in your prayer the ongoing LBC food drive campaign, and may our brothers and sisters participate and bring love to the communities and families in need.
4. Pray for Hong Kong and for the people affected by the incidents. We ask that God’s Sovereign Hand be at work in Hong Kong during this time.
1. Pray for our EM prayer meetings on every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7:30 pm in room B03 and that people will be encouraged to participate in them.
2. Please pray for Katalyst (High School) as they have Bible Study on Friday, November 22nd and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Operation Christmas Child Moving Night on Friday, November 22nd, as well as Philia (Junior High) as they will have Bible Study Night on Saturday, November 23rd.
3. Pray for our sister Grace Chan who is currently battling cancer. May God grant her doctors wisdom to give her the best care.
4. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
1. Pray for Teacher’s Retreat on Nov. 16th. Pray that teachers and families would join us for a day of learning, fun and rest.
2. Pray for Children’s Christmas service, may God guide the planning team.