News & Announcements September 15, 2019
Welcome ALL to our Logos Milliken
If this is your first time at Logos, please visit our Welcome Table and kindly sign our guest book.
Next Week’s EM/YM Joint Service
- Worship Speaker : Rev. George Mah
- Welcome Team: YM
- Passage for Message: 2 Cor 4:1-12
EM/YM Worship Arrangement — Beginning from Sept. 9th, EM and YM will have joint Sunday worship at the Gym at 11:30 AM, then YM will have their sermon time separately at B12 for the first, third, and fifth Sundays of the month.
Our Sunday worship starts at 11:30 am with a period of 15 minutes for us to pray and reflect. We encourage you to make use of this time to prepare your hearts to worship and enjoy the presence of God.
Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting
EM has prayer meetings every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30PM in room B03. You are invited to come and pray together as a community.
1. Member’s Meeting — to be held on September 29th after each respective service to conduct the followings:
– Election of 2020 Council Members
– Election of Deacon BoardStructureand Function Review Committee Language Representatives.
– Approval of Contract Extension to Pastor Yu-Ling Pan for 3 years ending August 31st , 2022
– Approval of 2020 Joint Mission and Local Mission Budgets.
Copies of proposed Joint and Local Mission Budget are available at the reception table.
Pathfinder registration is Open— We invite all Grade 5-8 students to join the Pathfinder retreat on October 4-6th, 2019. Limited space is still available and the deadline is Sunday, September 15th. To register please go to the Children Centre. For more information, please contact Pastor Angelina or Pastor Mike.
2. Town Hall Meeting — to be held on September 29th from 1:30-3:30pm to conduct the followings:
– Report from Acting Senior Pastor
– Report from Deacon Board
– Q&A Light meal (buns) and drinks will be served.
- Children Ministry is asking all parents/guardians to update their children’s records. If you have children from 0 to Grade 6, please go to children centre during the month of September to update your children information. This will help us keep your children safe.
2. Parents/Guardians are invited to attend our Parents’ Sundays. Here are the dates:
This morning: for JK to Grade 2: 9:30am Junior Worship. 11:15am Sunday School.
September 22th: for Grade 3 to 6. 9:30am Senior Worship. 11:15am Sunday School.
1. Sermon Reflection Materials Booklet — limited copies are still available, please pick up one in the reception desk.
2. House Keeping Reminder
a. In order to keep a smooth and safe traffic flow on Sunday mornings, please be patient during the peak hour and follow the instructions of the parking lot attendants.
b. During the summer time, in order to keep the church places clean and hygienic, free from attracting insects and rats, all fellowship members please put food waste and garbage into the large covered garbage can. Please do not dispose food in the small garbage bins in the rooms and for the food that has not been finished please bring your leftovers home.
3. Pastoral News
a. Rev. George Mah will be preaching at TCCC this morning.
b. Rev. George Mah and Stephen Chung will join the STM to Trinidad from Sept. 15-19th, and will be back in the office on Sept. 20th.
c. Pastor Priscilla Lee will join the STM to Panama from Sept. 18th to Oct. 1st, and will be back in the office on Oct. 2nd.