Prayer Items August 11, 2019
For our Church Community
1. Our 2019 Church Sub Theme is “Fish for People” and as we continue to make disciples from “Me” (Individual) to “We” (Church) and eventually to “Others”, may we all experience how to be Fishers of People as we go and bear fruit.
2. Please pray for pastors, who have been planning the future direction of our Church in 2020. We ask God to give the pastors a unified vision as we go and bear fruit as a Church.
3. Please pray for brothers and sisters, who sit on the nomination Committee for the 2020 Church Councils. May God give them wisdom and discernment to elect the appropriate Church Councils members for 2020.
4. Pray for our brothers and sisters to participate in the church’s service and to seize the opportunity to preach the Gospel so that we can build good relationships in this community and neighborhood, so that we can give good testimony to the Gospel, and know more unbelievers.
For God’s Kingdom
1. Pray for our Logos community outreach initiatives for this upcoming summer: Koinonia Camp (July 8th to August 16th)
2. Rev. George, Penny and Calleigh, along with Jim, Vivienne and Cameryn Hui will be heading on a mission trip to Mexico City on August 6th – 13th. They will explore and take part in the ministry of Compassion Canada in Mexico City and will have the opportunity to visit and minister to their sponsored children. Pray for hearts of openness to receive and experience what God has in store for them.
3. Please pray for the on-going preparation of the short term mission to Panama City in September 19-30th
4. Please also pray for the LBC joint mission to Trinidad in September 15-19th. Rev. George Mah and Rev. Stephen Chung will participate in this mission trip.
5. Pray for Hong Kong and those who are affected by what is occurring in the city. We ask that God’s Sovereign Hand be at work in Hong Kong during this time.
1. Pray for our EM prayer meetings on every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7:30 pm in room B03 and that people will be encouraged to participate in them.
2. Pray for our ongoing Summer Life Together today onwards as we go through what it means to be a “We” Church that focuses on making disciples around the world and in our neighborhoods.
3. Pray for our EM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they have BBQ Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Small Group Night on Friday, August 16th and Philia (Junior High) as they have Board Game Night and End of Summer Sharing on Saturday, August 24th.
4. Pray for our sister Grace Chan who is currently battling cancer. May God grant her doctors wisdom to give her the best care.
5. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
- Pray for those serving in children ministry. May they draw their strength and wisdom from God as they faithfully serve our church families.
- Pray for Wonderlight Bundles and Sonlight Bundles. Pray for our coaches. May they experience God’s blessings as they serve Him faithfully.