Prayer Items October 23rd, 2022
For Church Community
God is at work in us and through us! May He continue to give us opportunities to live our God given mission to intentionally love Him, love others, and make disciples as we finish up the year.
We pray that God will continue to give us a deeper sense of belonging and investment in our Church family. May we continue to find ways to give, volunteer, love, and support the mission from God for Logos.
- We are excited about new ministries and ongoing ministries resuming in-person (Scouts, the English class, After School Ministry, Bible Study Groups, Small Groups, etc.). People are stepping up. May God give all of us vision, joy, and strength to serve and extend God’s kingdom.
Pray for the discernment and commitment of the deacon candidates for the formation of the new board. Also, we pray for the formation of the Church Council and leadership for 2023.
- Pray for people’s health as winter flu season starts.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for the continued opportunities to bless our community.
a.Pray for Operation Christmas Child and the shoebox packing. May we be generous as God has blessed us.
b. Continue to pray for the After School Ministry, the recruitment of volunteers, and students. Pray for our children to be blessed as they start connecting with our Logos family.
c.Pray for the immigration task force initiatives and connections.
- Pray for the people displaced by the Russian invasion of Ukraine. Pray for peace, healing and those grieving.
- Pray for our mission month and missionaries.
a. Pray for the impact from the Joint Mission conference, October 21st-23rd. May we all be inspired to embrace the mission God has given us.Pray for our speakers, the missionaries represented and a strong attendance.
b.Pray for our support for our missionaries and partners in the field. May they have opportunities to share Christ and build up believers.
- Pray for protection as we follow the provincial guidelines in relation to COVID–19. Pray for the government’s wisdom to take the best course of action.
May we embody the message of hope as we share with the world this year.
a.Pray for the economic ramifications of Covid-19 around the world as well as those struggling during rising prices and inflation.
b.Pray for people’s emotional and mental health as they deal with mounting pressures surrounding them.
c.Continue to pray for reconciliation and healing of the indigenous community.
d.Pray for the rebuilding of the Atlantic province affected by the hurricane Fiona and Ian.
e.Pray for the shooting of the two police officers. May God comfort the family and those affected.
- Pray that the Lord guides the municipal elections toward wise leaders.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Wednesday at 8 pm. Pray that people will be encouraged to participate during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships:
Katalyst (High School):Bible Study Night on Friday, October 28th and that this be a great time of growing deeper in our faith by looking at the persecution and opposition that the Early Church faced and how we can be encouraged in spite of it through Acts 17.
Refresh (Young Adults): We pray for our new Refresh groups and they be a place of outreach to new friends and strengthen our faith.
Philia (Junior High):Operation Christmas Child Shoebox packing on Saturday, November 12th and that this be a great time of engaging in God’s Global Mission for us as a fellowship.
May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- Pray for Teacher Training, may God use this training to recruit and equip more brothers and sisters to serve Children Ministry.
- Thank God that we have successfully finished the teacher core meeting, and appreciated all the teachers’ willingness to serve.
- Pray for Shoe Box packing SLB and Philia on November 12, may God help kids show love and share to those who are in need.