Prayer Items September 4th, 2022
For Church Community
God is at work in us and through us! May he continue to give us opportunities to intentionally make disciples, love others, and love Him!
We pray that God will continue to give us a deeper sense of belonging and investment towards our Church family. May we continue to find ways to give, volunteer, love, and support the mission of Logos.
- Pray for the upcoming member’s meeting on September 11 to approve the hiring of a new Cantonese Ministry Pastor and the final reading of the proposed changes to the constitution/by-laws. Pray for the joyous participation of our members in this process.
Pray for the discernment of the deacon candidates for the formation of the new board. Also, we pray for the formation of the Church Council and leadership for 2023.
Please remember our students in prayer as they make preparations for the upcoming school year.
We pray for our new EM intern Tim Phan as he begins his ministry internship with us in September.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for the continued opportunities to bless our community.
a.Pray for the launch of the After School Ministry on September 13, the recruitment of volunteers, and students. We pray for a favorable response from our neighbors as we continue to promote it. We are thankful for our new co-ordinator Joanne Cheung.
b. Pray for the follow up and connections made from this summer’s community initiatives.
- Continue to pray for Ukraine and Russian invasion of the Ukraine.
- Let’s continue to remember our missionaries, ministry partners, and Logos Joint Missions initiatives in prayer both near and far. We pray for their physical protection and a renewed sense of mission.
a.Pray for Rev. and Mrs. To as they make preparations to enter into the mission field in Cambodia. Praise God for the granting of their visas.
b.Continue to pray for Mrs.Mary Lee’s recovery from her hip replacement surgery.
c.Continue to pray for Wendy Kwan’s health and safety as they continue to serve in Tijuana.
d.Pray for planning for the upcoming Joint Mission Conferences.
As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for wisdom and be mindful to stay safe and healthy. May God be with those who have recently been affected with it.
- May we embody the message of hope as we can reach out to the world in this year.
a.Pray for the economic ramifications of Covid-19 around the world as well as those struggling during rising prices and inflation.
b.Pray for people’s emotional and mental health as they deal with mounting pressures surrounding them.
c.Continue to pray for reconciliation and healing of the indigenous community.
d.Pray for the families of the young adults who died in the tragic car accident in Barrie. May God comfort their families and loved ones during this difficult time.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Wednesday at 8 pm. Pray that people will be encouraged to participate during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships:
Katalyst (High School): 2022 – 2023 Kick Off Night on Saturday, September 10th and that we are
successful in setting up spiritual goals for the 2022 – 2023 school year.
Refresh (Young Adults)that our refreshing our Refresh Groups go well.
Philia (Junior High):2022 – 2023 Kick Off Night on Saturday, September 10th and that we are successful in setting up spiritual goals for the 2022 – 2023 school year.May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- Pray for Teacher Training, may God use this training to recruit and equip more brothers and sisters to serve Children Ministry.
- We have chosen the new curriculum, pray for the teachers to have more useful resources, and also pray that students would enjoy learning.