Prayer Items May 29th, 2022
For Church Community
As we journey into our 42nd year as a church, pray that we will be centered & intentional around the missions & the vision of Logos. May we seek to be more intentional to love each other, more inviting to the community & beyond. May we continue to live faithfully the theme of “Be Renewed” as a family that will “Exalt the Father”.
As in-person ministries resume, may God continue to give us a deeper sense of belonging and investment towards our spiritual family and may we continue to value fellowship and community together.
- We are thankful for the past AGM and all ballot items have been passed and affirmed by the congregation.
- Remember Rev. George in prayer as he attends the New Frontiers Conference (praying, discerning the future landscape of the church) with Alpha Canada in England.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for the upcoming initiatives that we have lined up to bless our community.
a.The June 18th Logos Community Day.
b.Pray for the training sessions and preparations for our upcoming summer camp staff. (Koinonia and Seniors).
c.Pray for the upcoming Remix, urban mission experience for students at the end of June.
d.The launch of the After School Ministry.
- Continue to pray for Ukraine and Russian invasion of the Ukraine.
a.May peace and reconciliation occur
b.Pray for the believers who are present in the conflict. May God give them the strength to care and proclaim that God is present.
b.Pray for those who have been displaced by this conflict and are seeking shelter and refuge and hope.
- Let’s continue to remember our missionaries, ministry partners, and Logos Joint Missions initiatives in prayer both near and far. We pray for their physical protection and a renewed sense of mission.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for wisdom and be mindful to stay safe and healthy.
- Pray for wisdom for our government leaders, country, and the world stricken by Covid-19as the public health measures begin to relax. May we be mindful to keep each other safe.
- May we embody the message of hope as we can reach out to the world in this year.
a.Pray for Food Banks and shelters in the city as they are under increasing pressures and facing unprecedented demand.
b.Pray for the economic ramifications of Covid-19 around the world as well as those struggling during rising prices and inflation.
c.Pray for a sense of renewal and hope for the world. May God’s mercy and love be made known to our broken world.
d.Pray for the upcoming provincial elections and may God continue to guide our provincial leaders.
e.Pray for those affected by the school shooting in Texas and may God bring comfort to those who need it.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Wednesday at 8 pm. Pray that people will be encouraged to participate during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships:
Katalyst (High School) Gym Night on Friday, June 3rd and may this be a great time of relaxing as the students begin to prepare for final assignments.
Refresh (Young Adults) Online Fellowship Night on Friday, June 3rd.
Philia (Junior High): Grade 6 Welcome Night on Saturday, June 11th and may this be a great opportunity to welcome in the Grade 6s into the Philia family .
May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- We pray for the incoming Grade 6 as they join our EM / YM family starting on June 5th.
- Pray for our softball team Arise as they continue practices and prepare for their first game on June 5th. May they continue to grow close as a team,share faith with others, and glorify God through the sport of softball.
- Continue to pray for those that serve in ECC as they serve in their roles.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those who are stressed over work and studying from home.
- We pray for those navigating life changes such as marriage, pregnancies, job transitions, and graduating into university.
- Pray for our kids in Children Ministry, thank God that our Grade 6 students had graduated from Children Ministry, May God bless them the new journey in YM.
- Pray for Grade 2 students as they will join Sonlight Bundles beginning June. Pray for a smooth transition. May God help them adjust to a new fellowship life.