Prayer Items April 17th, 2022
For Church Community
- We give thanks to God and pray for the missions and vision God has given us (to be more intentional with each other, be more inviting, and community and outward focus). May we continue to live out the theme “Be Renewed” as people that exalt the Father.
- Pray that God will continue to open more doors to welcome and connect us with the people who join us in person/online, in our neighborhood and beyond.
- As we transitioned toward in-person ministries, may God continue to give us a deeper sense of belonging as a spiritual family as we begin to celebrate our 41st anniversary.
- We rejoice with those getting baptized today on Easter Sunday. We pray that they will continue to proclaim Jesus as their Lord and Savior.
- May God continue to help us reflect and remember what Christ has done for us on the cross. May the resurrection encourage us to go and bear fruit by making disciples.
For God’s Kingdom
- As we strive to be a more welcoming and inclusive church, may God continue to provide opportunities for us to make connections with newcomers, immigrants, neighbors and friends. Pray that God will move our hearts to participate and support our new and continuing initiatives.
a. Continue to pray for the preparation of our summer initiatives to bless our community in Jesus’ name (Koinonia Camp and Seniors Camp).
b.Pray for the upcoming Remix, urban mission experience for students in June.
- Continue to pray for Ukraine. Pray for peace between Ukraine and Russia.
a.We are thankful we were able to partner with Canadian Baptist Ministries. May God use the generous participation to enable churches and relief organizations to be able to help those in need.
b.Pray for those who have been displaced by this conflict and are seeking shelter and refugee and hope.
- Let’s continue to remember our missionaries and ministry partners in prayer both near and far. We pray for their physical protection and a renewed sense of mission.
a.Thankful that the mission fields near and far that are slowly reopening. Pray for opportunities to take part and make a difference.
b.Pray for Rev. Andrew Lee as he is back in Toronto. May God give him the time and energy to accomplish what he needs to complete here
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for wisdom and be mindful to keep safe and healthy.
a. Pray for wisdom for our government leaders, country, and the world stricken by Covid-19as the public health measures begin to relax.
b. Pray for the pandemic situation in Hong Kong . Pray for those people affected and the hospital staff/infrastructure to handle the situation.
- Pray for a spirit of unity as we embody the message of hope to the world this year.
a.Pray for Food Banks and shelters in the city as they are under increasing pressures and facing unprecedented demand.
b.Pray for the economic ramifications of Covid-19 around the world.
c.Pray for a sense of renewal and hope for the world. May God’s mercy and love be made known to our broken world.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Wednesday at 8 pm. Pray that people will be encouraged to participate during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships:
-Katalyst (High School):and as they have Creation Care Night on Friday, April 22nd. May this be a time of reflection about our role as stewards in God’s creation.
-Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Fellowship Night on Friday, April 22nd.
-Philia (Junior High):as they have In Person Gym Night on Saturday, April 23rd and this will be a great time of fellowship bonding with brothers and sisters.
May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- Continue to pray for those that serve in ECC as they serve in their roles.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those who are stressed over work and studying from home.
- We pray for those navigating life changes such as marriage, pregnancies, job transitions, and graduating into university.
- Thank God that we have successfully had Parents Gathering with brothers and sisters, may God continue to bless the families.
- Pray for Sonlight Bundles children fellowship in person gathering on April 23rd, we pray for protection for our children, wisdom for coaches for the first in person fellowship.