Prayer Items February 13th, 2022
For Church Community
- We give thanks to God and pray for the plans and initiatives God has given us (more intentional with each other, be more inviting, and community and outward focus). May we continue to live out the theme “Be Renewed” as people that are word-centered.
- Pray that God will open more doors to connect with the people who join us online, in our neighborhood and beyond.
- Praise God that we are able to gather in-person. Continue to pray for preparation and volunteers’ recruitment/participation of ushers/greeters, worship leaders, and children’s ministry teachers/helpers.
- Pray for our pastors and leadership team. May God continue to give them strength, wisdom and courage to direct our church to fulfill its mission during this season of uncertainty and beyond. Thank God for the new leaders/pastors stepping up to serve this year. Pray that God will give them wisdom and joy to serve.
- We give thanks for the opportunity to celebrate Chinese New Year. Pray this will be a good time to connect as a family and share the hope that we have in Jesus with them.
- Pray for those considering and those that have made a decision to get baptized during Easter.
- Pray for the upcoming family day long weekend and family worship service.
For God’s Kingdom
- As we strive to be a more welcoming and inclusive church, may God help us to make connections with newcomers, immigrants, neighbors and friends. Pray that God will move our hearts to participate and support our new and continuing initiatives.
a. Continue to pray for the New Year rice cake distribution initiative. May we bless new immigrants and friends.
b. Pray for the preparation of our summer initiatives to bless our community in Jesus’ name (Koinonia Camp and Seniors Camp).
- Let’s continue to remember our missionaries and ministry partners in prayer both near and far. We pray for their physical protection and a renewed sense of mission.
a.Pray for Wendy and K.K.. Pray as they continue to make connections and minister the people in Tijuana, Mexico.
b.Thank God that Wilson Lu is able to come back to Toronto for a short visit and take care of family and personal matters. Continue to pray for his ministry in the Bible college and local churches in Panama.
c.Pray for Rev. Andrew Lee as he shares ministry updates to some of our brothers/sisters through zoom and makes connections with the muslim community, and mobilizes and equips potential workers for the mission field.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for wisdom and be mindful to keep safe and healthy.
a. Pray for our country and the world being stricken by Covid-19 and the new omicron variant.
b. Pray for the families who have been impacted by the virus. Pray for the students’, teachers’, and school staff’s safety as they resume in-person learning in schools.
c.Pray for the medical frontline professionals and those who are seeking medical assessments and medical treatments. Pray for hospitals and other medical facilities as they are overwhelmed with increased numbers of patients that require critical care.
d. Pray for the continuing development and distribution of the vaccine.
- May we embody the message of hope as we can reach out to the world in this year.
a.Pray for Food Banks and shelters in the city as they are under increasing pressures and facing unprecedented demand when entering into the new year.
b.Pray for the economic ramifications of covid as so many people are losing their jobs.
c.Pray for a peaceful resolution in the protests at the borders and in the cities in Canada. Pray for our unity as a country as we go through this season of uncertainty together.
d. Pray for a sense of renewal and hope for the world. May God’s mercy and love be made known to our broken world.
e.Pray for Ukraine. Pray for peace between Ukraine and Russia.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Wednesday at 8 pm. Pray that people will be encouraged to participate during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships:
Katalyst (High School) as they have their Old vs. New Virtual Retreat on Friday, February 18th and 19th. May this be a great time reflecting upon our new identity as a Christ follower because of Jesus.
Refresh(Young Adults): Online Fellowship Night on Friday, February 18th.
Philia (Junior High): Bible Study Night on Saturday, Feb 26th and may the passage of John 3 remind the students of what Grace and Salvation from God through Jesus represents.
May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships
- Continue to pray for those that serve in ECC as they serve in their roles.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those who are stressed over work and studying from home.
- We pray for those navigating life changes such as marriage, pregnancies, job transitions, and graduating into university.
- Pray for Children Ministry reopening, give thanks to God that Children worship is finally come back after 2 years, may God help us recruit teachers, pray for a smooth reopening.
- Pray for Sonlight Bundles on February 26, may God help kids grow in fellowship.