Prayer Items January 16th, 2022
For Church Community
- We give thanks to God as we journey into 2022. Pray for the plans and initiatives God has given us (more intentional with each other, be more inviting, and community and outward focus). May we continue to live out the theme “Be Renewed”.
- Pray that we will use this opportunity to be an impact in the online community. Pray that we can grow to be more relational to people in our neighborhood and beyond.
- Pray that we will gather again as a community soon and safely.
- Pray for our pastors and leaders. May God give them strength, wisdom and courage to navigate church reopening and fulfill our purpose as a church. May we guide our congregation during this season of uncertainty.
- Thank God for the new leaders/pastors stepping up to serve this year. Pray God give them wisdom and joy to serve.
- Pray for ongoing restructuring of the Deacon Board as we finalize the details of the one-board structure to present to the congregation.
- We are thankful that we are getting closer to the final phase of the foyer renovation & AV upgrade project as we strive to be a more welcoming and accessible church.
For God’s Kingdom
- As we strive to be a more welcoming and inclusive church, may God help us to make connections with newcomers, immigrants, neighbors and friends. Pray that God will move our hearts to participate and support our new and continuing initiatives.
- Let’s continue to remember our missionaries and ministry partners in prayer as they venture into a new year. We pray for their physical protection and a renewed sense of mission.
- Pray for Wendy and K.K. Pray for their health and safety as they continue to make connections and minister the people in Tijuana, Mexico.
- Pray for Rev. Wilson Lu and family. Pray for his ministry in the Bible College and local churches in Panama.
- Pray for Rev. Andrew Lee as he mobilizes and equips potential people interested in mission work.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for wisdom and be mindful to keep safe and healthy.
a. Pray for our country and the world being stricken by Covid-19 and the new omicron variant.
b.Pray for the families who have been impacted by the virus. Pray for the students’, teachers’, and school staff’s safety as they resume meeting at schools.
c.Pray for the medical frontline professionals and those who are seeking medical assessments and medical treatments. Pray for hospitals and other medical facilities as they are overwhelmed with increased numbers of patients that require critical care.
d. Pray for the continuing development and distribution of the vaccine.
- May we embody the message of hope as we can reach out to the world in this year.
a. Pray for Food Banks in the city as they are under increasing pressures and facing unprecedented demand when entering into the new year. Pray for caring and giving hearts.
b. Pray for the economic ramifications of covid as so many people are losing their jobs..
c. Pray for the continual reconciliation and healing process with the indigenous community. Let us continue to be mindful, have a heart to learn, listen and take action as we support the healing of past mistakes.
d. As we journey into a new year, pray for a sense of renewal and hope for the world. May God’s mercy and love be made known to our broken world.
e.Pray for Kazahstan as they are facing political unrest.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Wednesday at 8 pm. Pray that people will be encouraged to participate during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships:
Katalyst (High School) : Praise and Prayer night on Friday, Jan 21st and the students who have final assignments and exams coming up.
Refresh(Young Adults): On Line fellowship on Friday, Jan 21st so they have a deep time of fellowship.
Philia (Junior High): On Line fellowship on Saturday, Jan 22nd as they have apprehension about returning back to in person learning on Monday, January 17th.
May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- Remember those that serve in ECC as they start their new roles in 2022.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those who are stressed over work and studying from home.
- Pray for Sunday School, pray that teachers would have wisdom to plan for lessons, students would get closer to God.
- Pray for brothers and sisters who are serving in Children’s Ministry, may God continue to protect them, and help them with faith to serve Logos families.