Prayer Items October 31st, 2021
For Church Community
- As we head to the end of the year, may we move forward with a united spirit, one vision and one purpose as true witnesses for Jesus Christ as a disciple-making church.
- We give thanks that we are able to resume in-person worship. Pray that we will be renewed and be blessed.
- We are thankful for the progress of the foyer renovation & AV upgrade project as we move towards to a a more welcoming church.
- Pray for the pastors, staffs and church leaders at this busy time of the year. Pray that they can finish 2021 strongly and have a good start for 2022.
- Pray for the member’s meeting to be held in Nov 7th as we vote for varies issues and the structure of the Deacon Board. Pray for God’s guidance.
- Pray for Rev. Fred Chiu as he is arranging the funeral for his father in Hong Kong. May God comforts him and gives him strength. Pray that he can share the gospel to his families who do not know Christ.
- Pray for those who are navigating changing situatiions and discernments in decision making.
For God’s Kingdom
- Thankful for the opportunity to bless our community through Fall Fest this afternoon and the Christmas hamper distribution in December. As we continue with our upcoming 40th Anniversary “Blessed to Bless” initiatives, may God help us look beyond our building to our neighbourhood to reveal God’s love.
- Pray for the Operation Christmas Child shoeboxes this year, and the special offering for The Greatest Journey as we partner with churches and make disciples globally.
- We are thankful that God spoke to us through the Joint Mission conference. May God continue to guide us to center our lives within his mission.
- Please pray for Wendy and Keith Kwan (Tijuana, Mexico) as they are making their final arrangements to go to the mission field in the beginning of November.
- May God help us to make connections with people that are new to the country and those in the process of coming. Pray that God will move people’s heart to participate and support the New Immigrant Taskforce ministry.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for love and peace at this time as we show the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying:
a. Pray for the areas being stricken by Covid-19 (North western territories and other hot spots).
b. Pray for the families who have been impacted by the virus.
c.Pray for Doctors and nurses in Western Canada as the health-care system struggles under the pressure of the pandemic’s fourth wave.
d.Pray for the final approval of the vaccine for children under 12.
- Please pray for our confused and broken world as a spark of hope is beginning to rise among people. May we continually share the hope of Jesus with others and that the church can reach out to the world.
a. Pray for the military coup in Sudan. Pray for God’s protection over those protesting the coup and their families.
b. Pray for the increasing gun violence incidents in the city of Toronto. Pray for God’s mercy and comfort.
c. Pray for the reconciliation and healing process with the indigenous community. Let us continue to be mindful, have a heart to learn, listen and take action as we support the healing of past mistakes.
d. Pray for the political unrest around the world. Also pray for Lebanon as the country is facing financial crises and civil unrest.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings on 1st , 3rd , & 5th Wednesday at 8 PM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships: Katalyst (High School) and Refresh (YoungAdults) as they have Virtual Career and Faith Night on Friday, November 5th and Philia (Junior High) as they have Premix Session 1 on Saturday, November 13. May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those who are stressed over work and studying from home.
- Pray for Fall Fest, pray that we would invite newcomers, may we have power to share with our community about God.
- Pray for Toronto Children Ministry Conference in November, we pray for the opportunity to get together, relax, reconnect, and to support each other.