News & Announcements on September 12th, 2021
Welcome All to Our Worship Service
Welcome back! We are happy you are joining our English Ministry Worship Service in person/on our church’s YouTube Channel LBC(Milliken).
Next Week’s EM/YM Joint Sunday Service ((in person and Livestream) starting at 11:00 AM.
Speaker: Rev. George Mah
Passage: Luke 23:26-49
Logos 40th Anniversary
- Blessed to Bless: with various activities to bless our communities and to proclaim Jesus.
We will be hosting a Logos Family/Friends movie night on Friday September 17, 2021 and Community Movie night on Saturday September 18th. Please refer to the bulletin insert and our church web site for more details.
- Stronger Together: We are excited to begin preparing our 40th anniversary album, and we would like to have the family photo of all Logos Milliken Brothers and sisters in this album. For those who want to take the photo at church, please book an appointment through the following link https://www.logosbaptist.org/40th-anniversary-photography-booking/ and select a time slot. Or you may email a clear and legible copy of your family photo to firstname.lastname@example.org.Please refer to the bulletin insert and our church web site for more details.
Prayer Meeting/Mid-week Not on Sunday School at 8:00pm (starting the week of September 13th)
- 1st and 3rd Wednesday of month will be prayer meeting
- 2nd and 4th will be a class on Hearing the Voice of God* with Rev. Scott.
So many desire to hear God’s voice but struggle to know if it is really Him. We will discuss people who connected to God and the clues to hearing Him. A.W. Tozer wrote “The voice of God is a friendly voice. No one need fear to listen to it unless he has already made up his mind to resist it.”
Sunday School @9:00- 10:00am (starting September 19th) will have two options
- Leading a Quiet Life – Cecilia Lam
Paul urged the Thessalonians to make it their ambition to lead a quiet life; they should mind their own business and work with their hands (1 Thess. 4:11). When the norm is to strive for efficiency and a typical day is filled with endless interruptions and distractions, how do we lead a quiet life? Where do we draw the line of “my business”? Join us from Sep 19 to Dec 12 to explore how to unhurry, rhythms of daily office and sabbath, and boundaries.
- Life Together: a discussion & prayer time about last week’s sermon with Pastor Scott
*to register: https://forms.gle/Aq7oBVdMdFQqHbwt9
News from Children Ministry
Children Ministry (Nursery-Grade 6) is asking parents to update their children information. Deadline is September 19th. Please go to the website to download the forms. https://logosbaptist.ca/announcements/announcements/
Fun With Our Community
Various activities will be held during July to October. Please refer to bulletin insert and our church web site for more details.
Church Council Meeting will be held on Sunday Septermber 19th via Zoom. All congregation councils and Common Church Council Members are required to attend.
News from Finance
Offering Report for August 2021
Phase 2 of Church Reopening (in-person worship)begin today at 11 am.Everyone must register to attend in-person worship. Click hereto fill and submit a registration form. Please use one form for your family or your bubble.
Please remember on the Sunday fill in a COVID pre-screening before entering. Click here to do a COVID pre-screening.
Room Booking (in-person gathering)
Groups of 25 can meet in the church, and up to 100 outdoors. To book, click here to submit a room booking request. For more details, please contact the church office at 905-305-6467 or email@example.com
2.Church Office Hours
Church office hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm (Saturday closed). To contact our pastors or staff, please call 905-305-6467, press “0” and leave a voicemail, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
3.Ways to Give
a.Interac e-Transfer — Brothers and sisters can give their offerings and tithes to the Church through Interac e-Transfers using the email address email@example.com
b. Mail-in cheque offering
c. Cheque Offering Drop off to Church
d. On-line offering using Tithe.ly
4.News of Members
Brother Thomas Deng’s father went home to be with the Lord on Sunday Sep 5th. May God comfort him and the family at this difficult time.
5. News of Pastors
Pastor Angelina Hung’s father went home to be with the Lord on Friday Sep 9th. May God comfort her and the family at this difficult time