Prayer Items August 8th, 2021
For our Church Community
- As we embark on our journey, may we move forward with unity in spirit towards an aligned vision and purpose that will make us a true witness for Jesus Christ as we seek to be a disciple making church. May we be mindful of God’s blessings and be alert and sensitive to where He is leading us.
- Continue to pray as we journey into phase 1 of church reopening. In person group gathering will begin in August.
- Pray for the development of the foyer renovation and AV upgrade project. The permit for the foyer renovation has been submitted. Pray for the commencement of AV upgrade project. Continue to pray for the deacon board structure/function review.
- Pray for the formation of 2022 Council.
- Pray for the recruitment for our Youth Pastor (CM/MM). May God provides the right candidate.
- Pray for Pastor Yuling and her family who mourned over the loss of her father. May God comforts her and gives her strength.
- Pray for the students and families to have a fruitful summer.
For God’s Kingdom
- As we continue with our upcoming 40th Anniversary “Blessed to Bless” initiatives, may God continue to move us forward in supporting local evangelical organizations and join hands in revealing God’s kingdom.
Thankful for the opportunity to bless our community through the car wash event. Pray for the upcoming Community Garage Sale on August 21st
- Let’s remember in our thoughts and prayers our missionaries Rev. Wilson Lu (Panama), as well as Wendy and Keith Kwan (Tijuana, Mexico) as they make their final preparation to venture back to their mission fields.
- Pray for the upcoming urban mission experience – Remix (Aug 18th-20th). Pray that the students will center their lives within the mission and message of Jesus.
- Pray for the continuation of the summer outreach initiatives. May God continue to motivate us to support and live on mission both near and far, We also pray for our summer outreach initiatives (Koinonia Camp and the Seniors program) as a continual way to bless our community.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for love and peace at this time as we show the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying:
a Pray for Canada as we enter into re-opening for our country. Let us not relax but continue to be mindful to keep safe and healthy and continue to pray for those who are awaiting to get the vaccine.
b.For those who have been impacted by COVID-19. May God protect and comfort them and their families during this challenging time.
c.Pray for the students who are going back to school for in person learning in Fall.
d.Pray for the containment of the variant virus that is quickly spreading around the world.
- Please pray for our confused and broken world as a spark of hope is beginning to rise among people.
a. Pray for the wildfires in B.C. and Northwestern Ontario.
b. Pray for the countries being devastated by the recent flooding. Pray for God’s mercy and give them courage to face the long road of rebuilding ahead.
c. Pray for the reconciliation and healing process of the Indigenous community.
d. Pray for the political unrest around the world.
May we continually share the hope of Jesus with others and that the church can reach out to the world
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings on Wednesday at 7:30 PM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships: Katalyst (High School) as they have in person gatherings at Church and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Fellowship Night on Friday, August 13th and Philia (Junior High) as they have Fellowship Night on Saturday, August 14th. May these times of interrupted physical church gatherings be powerful for these fellowships and small group ministries to grow and be strengthened.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those that who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those are stressed over work and studying from home.
- As we welcome the Grade 6s into EM/YM, we pray that they make a successful transition. We also pray for their coaches who will be investing in them to become disciple making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for start of Summer Life Together, that it be a great time of learning and growing as the EM/YM Family as we go through the Book of Psalms.
- Please pray for the upcoming Remix Mission trip for EM and YM from August 18-20th and that it be a great opportunity for students to live out the mission and message of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for the staffs work for Children Workshops, we pray for wisdom, strength. May God guide them in planning, help them serve the kids lovingly.
- Pray for Sonlight Bundles children fellowship. May God guide our coaches for planning, help our kids learn about God’s love and grace.s