Prayer Items July 11th, 2021
For our Church Community
- As we embark on our journey, may we move forward with unity in spirit towards an aligned vision and purpose that will make us a true witness for Jesus Christ as we seek to be a disciple making church. May we be mindful of God’s blessings and be alert and sensitive to where He is leading us.
- Pray for the preparation for the upcoming foyer renovation and AV upgrade project as we strive to refresh the church to prepare for a future to glorify God. We also pray for the deacon board structure/function review committee.
- Please pray for brothers and sisters to be baptized in July 25th. They are Sandy Wong, May Chen, Vicky Li, Amy Yeung, Ada Chu. We ask God to strengthen their faith so that they can live a spiritually healthy life with God’s guidance as they take this important step of faith.
- Pray for the Church Council Meeting on July 18th.
- Pray for students and families to have a fruitful summer.
For God’s Kingdom
- As we continue with our upcoming 40th Anniversary “Blessed to Bless” initiatives, may God continue to move us forward in supporting local evangelical organizations and join hands in revealing God’s kingdom.
- Let’s remember in our thoughts and prayers our missionaries Rev. Wilson Lu (Panama), as well as Wendy and Keith Kwan (Tijuana, Mexico) as they make their final preparation to venture back to their mission fields.
- As the summer outreach begins, may God continue to motivate us to support and live on mission both near and far, We also pray for our summer outreach initiatives ( Koinonia Camp and the Seniors program) as a continual way to bless our community.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for love and peace at this time as we show the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying:
a. Pray for Canada as we enter into re-opening for our country. Let us not relax but continue to be mindful to keep safe and healthy and continue to pray for those who are awaiting to get the vaccine.
b. For those who have been impacted by COVID-19. May God protect and comfort them and their families during this challenging time.
- Please pray for our confused and challenging world as a spark of hope is beginning to rise among people. Pray for the reconciliation and healing process of the Indigenous Community, for the victims and families of the collapsed condominium in Miami, and for the family of the police officer who was killed and the recovery of another policer officer who was injured in the line of duty. May we continually share the hope of Jesus with others and that the church can reach out to the world.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings on Wednesday at 7:30 PM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships: Katalyst (High School) as they have Cooking and Eating Together Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Fellowship Night on Friday, July 16th and Philia (Junior High) as they have Guest Speaker Night on Saturday, July 24th. May these times of interrupted physical church gatherings be powerful for these fellowships and small group ministries to grow and be strengthened.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those that who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those are stressed over work and studying from home.
- As we welcome the Grade 6s into EM/YM, we pray that they make a successful transition. We also pray for their coaches who will be investing in them to become disciple making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for start of Summer Life Together, that it be a great time of learning and growing as the EM/YM Family as we go through the Book of Psalms,
- Pray for Grade 2 students as they will join Sonlight Bundles beginning June. Pray for a smooth transition. May God help them adjust to a new fellowship life.
- Pray for Sonlight Bundles children fellowship. May God guide our coaches for planning, help our kids learn about God’s love and grace.