We welcome all to join our Worship Service on our Church YouTube Channel LBC (Milliken)
Next Week’s EM/YM Sunday Service (Livestream)
Speaker: Pastor Mike Wong
Passage: Acts 2:42-47
Please note that our Feb. 14th Joint Family Day Sunday Service will be at 10:30AM not 11:30AM.
1. EM will have Communion next week’s service on Sunday, Feb. 7th. Please prepare your bread and grape juice for when Communion occurs during the livestream.
2. Sharing after Worship via Zoom —after today’s EM Service, all are welcome to join a time of sharing and discussion. Click here for the zoom room.
Sunday School News
Follow Me – with Pastor Scott Bissell
Join us as we explore the words and actions of Jesus. Click here for course details and registration.
Replacement Representative for Deacon Board Structure/Function Review Committee — We have two Candidates to represent the English Congregation on the above mentioned committee, Selene Tang and Tony Wong. A special English Congregation Meeting will be held after service on Sunday Feb. 7th to elect the representative. The Zoom link to the Congregational Meeting will be provided next week.
1. Ontario State-at-home Order – Our church office is closed. If you need to contact our pastors or staff, please call 905-305-6467, press “0” and leave a voicemail, or email firstname.lastname@example.org During this time, do not come to church to drop off your offering.
2. News from Interim Deacon Board
a. We would like to invite everyone to a special inauguration ceremony for Rev. George as our new Senior Pastor on Mar. 7th, 2021 at 3 pm in the afternoon. As part of the celebration and reflection time, we invite brothers and sisters to send short, 10 - 15 second video encouragements and gratitude for Rev. George and his family to email@example.com to be compiled into a presentation video to be shown on March 7th. The deadline for submissions is Feb. 15th.
b. To better support our Cantonese Ministry, the Interim Deacon Board, in conjunction with Rev. George and our language lead pastors, jointly decided to appoint Rev. George Mah as our Cantonese Ministry Interim Lead Pastor, on top of his Senior Pastor role, until a permanent lead pastor is in place. This appointment is effective February 1st, 2021.
With this new appointment, Rev. George will be devoting more time to the Cantonese Ministry and work alongside our Cantonese pastoral team, and provide leadership in addressing the needs of the Cantonese congregation.
3. Church Council Meeting— to be held next Sunday Feb. 7th 3 pm via Zoom. Members of all congregations and Common Church Council Members are required to attend the meeting.
4. News of Finance
|Offering for December 2020|
|General Offering||$ 293,565.26|
|Mission Offering||$ 31,420.00|
|Building Offering||$ 1,995.00|
|Special Offering||$ 13,030.00|
|Other Offerings||$ 6,695.00|
News of Members Canaan Fellowship Sister Christina So’s mother passed away in Hong Kong on January 19th, may God comfort her and the family at this difficult time.