Prayer Items June 20th, 2021
For our Church Community
- Thank you God for a fruitful AGM. May we move forward with unity in spirit towards an aligned vision and purpose that will make us a true witness for Jesus Christ as we seek to be a disciple making church. May we be mindful of God’s blessings and be alert and sensitive to where He is leading us.
- Pray for the preparation for the upcoming foyer renovation and AV upgrade project as we strive to refresh the church to prepare for a future to glorify God. We also pray for the deacon board structure/function review committee.
- As we celebrate Father’s Day today, let us be mindful to remember brothers and sisters whose fathers have passed away. May God’s love comfort them and fill the voids left in their hearts.
- As we completed the CBOQ (Canadian Baptist of Ontario and Quebec) Annual Assembly, let’s pray for the discernment process on some important matters. May we navigate forward with the unity of spirit as we are part of the family of the CBOQ.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for the upcoming curbside donation drive and as we look for other ideas to continue our 40th Anniversary Initiative “Blessed to Bless”. May God continue to move us forward in supporting local evangelical organizations and join hands in revealing God’s kingdom.
- Let’s remember in our thoughts and prayers our missionaries Rev. Wilson Lu (Panama), as well as Wendy and Keith Kwan (Tijuana, Mexico) as they make their final preparation to venture back to their mission fields.
- May God continue to motivate us to support and live on missions both near and far. We also pray for our summer outreach initiatives (Koinonia Camp and the Seniors Program) as a continual way to bless our community.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for love and peace at this time as we show the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying:
a. Pray for Canada as we enter into the three-step of re-opening and the opportunity to get vaccinated. Let us not relax but continue to be mindful to keep safe and healthy and continue to pray for those who are infected.
b. For those who have been impacted by COVID-19: frontline essential workers, medical staff, those who still need to go to work daily or work from home, small businesses suffering from lost income, families struggling with finances, senior living in long-term care homes, students and teachers who are adjusting to remote learning. May God protect and comfort them and their families during this challenging time.
- Please pray for a confused and challenging world as a spark of hope is beginning to rise among people. Pray for the Indigenous Community as they mourn over the death of the 215 children whose remains were found in the Residential School. Pray for fatal truck attack in London, Ontario and the healing and reconciliation of the community and the families. Pray that we can share the hope of Jesus with others and that the church can reach out to the world.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings on Wednesday at 7:30 PM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships: Katalyst (High School), as they have Grade 12 Grad Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Fellowship Night on Friday, June 25th, Philia (Junior High) as they have Virtual Escape Room Night with Toronto City Mission on Saturday, June 26th. May these times of interrupted physical church gatherings be powerful for these fellowships and small group ministries to grow and be strengthened.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those that who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those are stressed over work and studying from home.
- As we welcome the Grade 6s into EM/YM, we pray that they make a successful transition. We also pray for their coaches who will be investing in them to become disciple making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for start of Summer Life Together, that it be a great time of learning and growing as the EM/YM Family as we go through the Book of Psalms,
- Pray for Grade 2 students as they will join Sonlight Bundles beginning June. Pray for a smooth transition. May God help them adjust to a new fellowship life.
- Pray for Sonlight Bundles children fellowship. May God guide our coaches for planning, help our kids learn about God’s love and grace.