For our Church Community
- In the uncertain situation of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic, the closure of the church building, and suspension of all Logos activities except for Pre-recorded Worship Services, let us pray with one heart to look to God for guidance and ride out the difficult times together as a Faith Community. May we realize that Logos is not the building we worship together at, but the Disciple Making Community of believers.
- Our 2020 Church Sub Theme is "Go & Bear Fruit" and this is the continuation of the 3-year main theme "Go Bear Fruit”. Let us actively pursue spiritual growth and encourage people whom we are disciple making to be disciple makers themselves. Please pray for the direction and execution of our 2020 church plans by our pastors and leaders in all 3 language congregations.
- Pray for brothers and sisters affected by the outbreak, – everyday essential workers on the front lines, medical staffs caring for patients, those who are temporarily laid off, those who still need to go to work daily or need to work from home, students who need to adapt to online learning and teachers who teach online.
- We thank God for leading Logos for the past 39 years. May we be reminded of God’s goodness and work through our Church and how looking back at God’s work through Logos spurn us on to become a Disciple Making Church and a blessing to others during this COVID-19 Pandemic.
- As we continue to journey into this social distancing period, let's take this opportunity to connect with our family and friends, meet their needs during this COVID-19 outbreak, and to encourage each other to persevere.
- Please continue to pray for wisdom for our church leadership as they continue to navigate through this season of COVID-19 and make plans for to adjust to the “new normal”.
For God’s Kingdom
- Pray for our missionaries near and far. We ask God to expand and equip them with more brothers, sisters, and opportunities to share Jesus in 2020 during this COVID -19 pandemic.
- May we learn to love each other, practice love and peace, and live the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying for:
a. Frontline workers. May God protect them from infection by the virus. May God look after their families at this challenging time.
b. People who are temporarily laid off, small businesses who suffer from loss of income, and families struggling with their finances.
c. Elderly people living in long-term care and retirement homes, and to pray for those who have been isolated, causing anxiety and unease; we ask the Lord to comfort them during this difficult time.
d. Opportunities to bless others from our Church’s special COVID-19 Community Initiatives Newsletter, and to pray for the well-being of people in general with special needs family.
e. Please continue to pray for the worldwide outbreak of the COVID-19. We ask God’s mercy to heal those who are infected, and comfort those losing their loves ones due to this COVID-19.
f. Pray for our governmental leaders in Canada and Ontario as they begin to chart out what the gradual opening up of our province will look like. May the have wisdom to balance the need to protect people from COVID – 19 and desire to go back to the normal.
- Please pray for churches and ministry organizations near and far as they suffer lack of resources during this pandemic, finances in particular.
- Please pray for the explosion and fire that recently occurred in Markham where a 12 year old boy was killed and his brothers and mother injured. We ask for God’s healing and comfort to the grieving hearts of the family, and we pray for the residents of the two adjacent houses affected by the explosion in the hope that they would be able to return to their homes safely.
1. Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings Tuesdays at 7:30PM, Wednesdays at 7:30PM, Thursdays at 10:30AM, and Friday at 10:30AM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
2. Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) as they have Bible Study Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Online Small Group Night on Friday, May 29th as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have Grade 6 Intro Night on Saturday, June 13th. May this time of church suspension of physical gatherings be a time for these fellowship small group ministries to grow and be strengthened.
3. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
4. Pray for the transition of the Grade 6s as they go into EM / YM and their YM coaches to disciple them to go and bear fruit.
5. Pray for the upcoming Summer Life Together where EM and YM can come together to be more enriched about the truths of God and how to apply it in our daily lives.
- Pray for our children that they will experience peace and protection from God during this period of time.
- Grade 6 students will start attending YM from June, we pray for a smooth transition. May God guide them as they adjust to new expectations.