We welcome all to join our Worship Service on our Church YouTube Channel LBC (Milliken)
Next Week’s EM/YM Sunday Service (Streaming)
- Worship Speaker: Rev. George Mah
- Passage: John 1:1-14
Our EM/YM Joint Sunday worship will start at 11:30 AM on YouTube.
1. Arrangement for Christmas Baptism — A joint baptismal ceremony with the Cantonese Congregation will be held at church on Sunday December 27th at 10:30 AM. All are welcome to view the livestream online to witness this important step of faith in the lives of our Logos family.
Brothers and sisters to be baptized include:
Guang Tian Zhou
Siu Fan Chan
Wing Shan Pun
2. Arrangement for Christmas Celebration — God with us!
a. On Christmas Eve Dec. 24th
Cantonese: 8 PM on our Church YouTube channel.
English: 8 PM on our Church YouTube channel.
Children: 8 PM via Zoom
b. On Christmas Day Dec. 25th
Mandarin: 8 PM on our Church YouTube channel.
Special offering --- We will be collecting our annual Christmas Special Offering as part of the celebrations from Dec. 13th to 25th The funds will be donated 50/50 to our Logos Benevolence Fund and to The Dale Ministries to help those experiencing homelessness in Toronto.
For those who want to support this Special Offering, please follow the instructions below:
1. For drop-off in person at church or mail-in, please select Others and write “Christmas” in the brackets on the offering envelope.
2. For cheque offering, please write payable to Logos Baptist Church (Milliken)
3. For offering via Tithe.ly or Interac e-Transfer, please denote for “Christmas”
News from Finance
1. 2020 offering — If you wish to have your offerings this year included into the 2020 tax receipt, please follow the instructions below:
a. Offering via Interac e-Transfer —deposit before the cutoff time of 1 PM of Thursday, Dec. 31st.
b. Cheque Offering Drop off to Church — before the cutoff time of 1 PM of Thursday, Dec. 31st
c. Mail-in cheque offering — mail before Dec. 24th.
d. On-line Offering using Tithe.ly —before Dec. 24th.
Offerings received after then will be included into the 2021 tax reporting.
2. All departments and ministry heads, please submit all 2020 outstanding reimbursement claims and supporting receipts to Finance Dept. by Jan 10th, 2021.
*Fellowship petty cash excluded*
3. Offering for November 2020
1. News from Children Centre — Grade 5-8 students are invited to join our one day retreat Convergence through zoom. It is on January 23, 2021. 2:00-4:00pm. 7:00-9:00pm. It is $5. Register by January 10, 2021.
Materials to be picked up from church. To register, go to
2. Membership Transfer — Pastor Lawrence Wong has completed all necessary membership transfer procedures. If there are no objections raised in the next 4 weeks, he will officially become our church member.
Administrative Affair — Special Member’s Meeting
1. Voting Results for Nov. 29th Special Member’s Meeting — we have collected 288 valid ballots of which 239 voted “Yes”, resulting in an affirmative percentage of 83% in favor of passing the member’s motion to change all active deacons to inactive.
2. A member’s meeting will be held on Sunday, Dec. 13th from 2 pm to 4 pm on Zoom (no in person meeting). The agenda is as follows:
a. To elect 3 deacons to form an interim Deacon Board for a one year term with possible extension by member's vote.
b. To vote on the hiring of Pastor Lawrence Wong as Assistant Pastor for Cantonese Ministry for a three year term beginning January 1, 2021.
c. To vote on proceeding with foyer renovation for a budget of $300,000.
Please click here to register for the meeting. Ballots will be sent out one week before the meeting.
Methods of Voting:
a. Online Voting
- You can vote on Dec. 13th between 2 PM and 10 PM.
- Complete your ballot and include your member’s number.
- Please remember to print your name and sign for it to be counted as a valid ballot.
- Email your ballot to the email address on the second page of the ballot.
b. To Vote In-person
- You can vote in person on Dec. 13th between 2 PM and 10 PM.
- You can cast your ballot (contactless) in the ballot box outside the main entrance of church. Please remember to practice physical distancing.
- Download and complete your ballot. Remember to include your member’s number.
- Remember to print your name and sign for it to be counted as a valid ballot.
3. Member’s meeting on Dec. 20th (if required) to vote on the affirmation of the Deacons elected on the Dec. 13th member’s meeting to meet the requirement of our Bylaw 11.3.2. Details will be announced at a later date.