We welcome all to join our Worship Service on our Church YouTube Channel LBC (Milliken)
Next Week’s EM/YM Sunday Service (Streaming)
- Worship Speaker: Rev. George Mah
- Passage: Deuteronomy 31:1-8, Joshua 24:1, 14-18
Our EM/YM Joint Sunday worship will start at 11:30 AM on YouTube.
Holy Communion — to be held during next week’s, November 8th, livestream. Please prepare your bread and grape juice for when Communion occurs during the livestream
Baptism — EM/YM will be having their joint Baptismal Service on Sunday, December 27th 2020 with the Cantonese Congregation, if you believe it’s time for you to be baptized or have any question about it, please contact Rev. George Mah or Pastor Mike Wong.
A call to prayer
Our Pastoral Team and Deacon Board is inviting our church to have a time of dedicated prayer for the next 4 weeks prior to the special members meeting on November 29th. The goal is to intentionally give space for God to step in, to take charge and allow His Spirit to minister to us individually and as a collective as we seek for self-reflection, resolve, a heart of openness/love and His direction moving forward. Let anticipate and experience the Lord “with us”. Please refer to this week’s communication letter for more details.
Fasting and Prayer
On Wednesday, November 11th, and 25th. A self-directed guide will be made available through your fellowship/small group network.
Praying Together as a Church
On Wednesday November 4th and 18th at 8pm via Zoom. An invitation will be sent through your fellowship/small group network.
Fall Curbside Donations Drive — We thank everyone for their generous donations yesterday at Church and we have collected a large quantity of food and supplies for the Markham Foodbank.
Operation Christmas Child
1. We have a target to bless 500 children with OCC Shoeboxes this year. Let’s pray and support this important ministry initiative to make it come true.
Please refer to the bulletin inserts or check LBC Church Website.
2. Special Offering — We also thank all brothers and sisters for supporting this special offering The Greatest Journey Discipleship Class, so the children receiving the Shoeboxes can continue to learn more about Jesus and become a disciple.
1. Church Common Council Meeting — Today's CC meeting is canceled and the next CC meeting will be in January 2021. The date will be confirmed shortly.
2. Special Members Meeting — To be held on Sunday, Nov. 29th, please mark this schedule in your calendar and how to participate will be announced shortly.
1. Ways of Offering
a. Interac e-Transfer
Brothers and sisters can give to Church through Interact e-Transfers beginning August 24th using the email address firstname.lastname@example.org . For more information, please refer to the Church website or newsletter insert.
b. Mail-in cheque offering
c. Cheque Offering Drop off to Church
d. On-line offering using Tithe.ly:
2. LBCM Financial Highlights 2020
The above financial is for your information. This financial summary is issued on a quarterly basis in April, July, October, and January while the annual financial statements will be distributed at the Annual General Meeting in March.
4. News of Pastors and co-workers
a. We welcome Rev. Scott Bissel to report to the office on Nov. 1st as our new EM Pastor in Charge today.
b. Rev. Fred Chiu will be on leave to Hong Kong from Nov. 3rd to Dec. 1st, and will be back on duty on Dec. 2nd.
c. Connie Ma will be on leave from Nov. 3rd - 4th, and will be back on duty on Nov. 5th.