Leadership Track Camp Counsellor
The Leadership Track Camp Counselors will work together to coordinate arts, drama, and/or crafts projects for the youth that will encourage them to use teamwork to accomplish the tasks at hand. Additional responsibilities include planning group activities such as cooking, baking, group discussions about what leadership looks like, as well as collaborative projects and exercises that will encourage team bonding.
- Plan, develop and execute lesson plans/programs that will engage and develop the youth in creative arts, cooking, and team building activities.
- Find and utilize resources within a budget in a team setting to creatively develop different projects for the campers.
- Work with the Leadership Track Staffers to create and showcase a dramatic performance at the end of the summer.
- Actively supervise and build relationships with children during other camp activities and assigned duties.
- Attend briefing/debriefing sessions with Leadership Track staff on a daily basis.
- Ability to plan and carry out a structured program within a team.
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with little supervision.
- Able to gather and utilize different resources within a budget
- Effective communication and teaching skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit: ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve optimal results.
- Teachable, humble, and carries an attitude of selflessness and servant hood.
- Emergency first aid training: Current First Aid & CPR certification.
* Funding might be coming from Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ). If funding is provided from CSJ, the applicant must be between age 15 to 30 and legally entitled to work in Canada.
April 30, 2020
How to Apply
Quoting 'Leadership Track Camp Counsellor' in the subject line, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note : You are required to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check if employed