March 27, 2020
Dear Logos Church Family,
We as a leadership team would like to update you this week on what is happening here at Logos Milliken since March 14th, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. For many of us, this feels like an unprecedented time as we seek to stem the tide of COVID-19 in our church, communities, city, and beyond.
Not only has Ontario declared a state of emergency on March 17th, many other Canadian provinces and cities have done the same. Canadians are urged to stay home and practice social distancing to help stop the spread of the virus. Extended closures of schools and non-essential businesses continued. Among businesses and organizations that are being impacted, charities and not-for-profits are being hit the hardest. In response, our leadership team have prayerfully identified organizations we want to partner with financially so they can continue to be a blessing for those in need during this difficult time. This week, a special offering will be collected to bless the Markham Food Bank. We encourage you to prayerfully consider being part of this movement of extending His Love to our community. You will find instructions below on how you and contribution to this initiative.
Also being affected are individuals/families who in our Logos community now find themselves without a stable income. In the coming weeks we will invite you to contribute to the church’s benevolence fund in an effort to extend a helping hand to these individuals.
Our leadership team will continually monitor the situation to keep our Logos community safe and healthy; share our plans for what life at Logos will continue to look like; and to make necessary adjustments and proactive steps to take to care for our church family, our neighbours, and our broader community.
1. The church building will remain closed and our staffs are working from home beginning March 25th until further notice.
2. We will switch from live-streaming to pre-recorded Sunday and Tuesday worship services beginning this Sunday, on same schedule and links as listed below :
|9:30 am|| —||Mandarin|| —||Go To Mandarin Sunday Service|
|7:30 am|| —||Mandarin (Tuesday night)|
(Replay Sunday's Recording)
| —||Go To Mandarin Tuesday Night Service|
|10:30am|| —||Cantonese|| —||Go To Cantonese Sunday Service|
|11:30 am|| —||English/Youth|| — ||Go To English/Youth Sunday Service|
Please click here to connect to LBC (Milliken) YouTube channel
3. Resources for children to engage in Sunday worship are available on church website. Please click here. The resources will be updated each week.
4. Weekly prayer and sharing time with pastors via Zoom online conference tool has begun the past week. Schedule and Zoom links as follows :
|Day of Week||Time|
|Tuesday|| —||7:30 pm|
|Wednesday|| —||7:30 pm|
|Thursday|| —||10:30 am|
|Friday|| — ||10:30 am|
5. Online tithing : Tithe.ly is ready since the past week. An instruction sheet is attached to this letter again for your reference. Please install the App onto your device and practise bringing offering when we come before God every Sunday. Please understand that at present this is the only means for tithing. Please do not mail to or drop off at church your tithes.
6. Caring : Pastors have developed a tracking tool to help identify individuals/families that are in need during this time – please connect directly with a pastor or call our church office at 905-305-6467 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Logos, as a church, we are called to provide compassion, care and love to those in need. Let us take a moment to ask ourselves, how are we to live as ministry leaders and Christ-followers during these days? Our friend Andy Stanley encourages us with the following, “The world has changed… but our mission remains the same: Inspire people to follow Jesus.”
Logos, let us not stop being the church. Yes things have changed, but may God give us a fresh pair of eyes and a new heart to find creative and intentional ways to care for one another, serve the hurting, helpless, and hopeless around us. May we be the Good News as we share the Good News. Friends, let us remember that disciple-making happens in the context of relationships, one person at a time.
Thank you for understanding and patience during this time. If you have any other questions, please call our office at: 905-305-6467 or email at email@example.com. We will continue to monitors calls and messages. All updates will also be posted on the church website at www.logosbaptist.org.
Rev. George Mah