March 20, 2020
We as a leadership team would like to update you on what is happening here at Logos Milliken since March 14th, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. We realize for many, this virus has created a lot of anxiety and fear, raising questions about what we are doing to ensure the health and wellbeing of our church and community.
On March 17th, Ontario has declared a state of emergency. Other than the closing of schools, and numerous public venues, all organized public events over 50 people are prohibited and that includes places of worship. Our leadership team is continually monitoring the situation and will make adjustments as required to keep our Logos community safe and healthy. As we all make adjustments to our lives, we want to share our plans for what life at Logos will look like in the coming weeks. We believe these are the most loving and proactive steps we can take to care for our church family, our neighbours, and our broader community.
1. The church building will remain closed until further notice.
2. Live-streaming of Sunday services will continue as scheduled below :
|Mandarin (Tuesday night)||7:30 pm||https://youtu.be/K59b9K5fZUA|
|Please use the link below to connect to LBC (Milliken) YouTube channel :|
3. Resources for children to engage in Sunday worship are available on church website. Please use this link :
The resources will be updated each week.
4. Weekly prayer and sharing time with pastors via Zoom online conference tool will begin the week of March 23rd. Zoom links will be provided shortly.
5. Online tithing : Tithe.ly is ready. An instruction sheet is attached to this letter. Please install the App onto your device and practise bringing offering when we come before God every Sunday.
6. Caring : Pastors have developed a tracking tool to help identify individuals/families that are in need during this time – please connect directly with a pastor or call our church office at 905-305-6467 or email at email@example.com.
7. Board Announcement :
- The Board has passed the motion to postpone our Annual General Meeting (AGM) originally scheduled for March 22nd. The AGM is postponed tentatively to June 21st, 2020, subject to the lifting of the state of emergency. All advance voting ballots, proxies and forms received will be voided and destroyed.
- As an interim measure, the Board has passed the motion to extend Rev. George’s current contract as Acting Senior Pastor to June 30th, 2020.
8. Church Building Cleaning : We will take this opportunity during the closure to sanitize the church building especially high traffic areas as we have been doing since the beginning of the outbreak.
Logos, let us remember even as we pursue preventative measures and exercise wisdom in keeping ourselves and loved ones safe, our faith and security is in Jesus Christ. We pray His promise of protection over you and your family. We are reminded in Psalm 46:1 that God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. Let us continue to pray for those affected around the world, and that the virus will be quickly contained and conquered.
As a church, we are called to provide compassion, care and love to those in need. Let us take a moment to ask ourselves, how are we to live as ministry leaders and Christ-followers during these days? Our friend Doug Holliday from Sonlife Ministries encourages us to focus on relationships. Logos, let us not stop being the church. Let us find creative and intentional ways to care for one another, serve the hurting, helpless, and hopeless around us. May we be the Good News as we share the Good News. Friends, let us remember that disciple-making happens in the context of relationships.
Thank you for understanding and patience during this time. If you have any other questions, please call our office at: 905-305-6467 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. All updates will also be posted on the church website at www.logosbaptist.org.
Rev. George Mah