Prayer Items January 19th, 2020
For our Church Community
1. Our 2020 Church Sub Theme is “Go & Bear Fruit” and this is the continuation of the 3-year main theme “Go‧Bear Fruit”. Let us actively pursue spiritual growth and encourage people whom we are disciple making to be disciple makers themselves.
2. Pray for our Town Hall Meeting to be held on March 1st and the AGM on Mar. 22nd. We also seek for brothers’ and sisters’ prayerful discernment if Rev. George Mah should become our Senior Pastor through voting on March 22nd . We ask brothers and sisters to pray with one heart and ask the Lord to lead our decision in line with his will alone.
3. Pray for the Deacon Board meeting this afternoon.
4. Please pray for the direction and execution of our 2020 church plans by our pastors and leaders in all 3 language congregations.
5. Please pray for our Church as we are looking for an EM Pastor and a Pastor for Youth (Cantonese/Mandarin).
6. As we enter 2020, pray for our hearts, let us continue to learn and move forward, and may God’s grace and blessings always be with us. Please also pray for our community; we ask the Lord to enable us to reach out to more unbelievers.
For God’s Kingdom
1. Pray for our missionaries near and far. We ask God to expand and equip them with more brothers, sisters and opportunities to share Jesus in 2020.
2. Pray for the ministry in Trinidad that LBC Joint Mission have been planning. Please also pray for Rev. Michael Lau as he will stay in Trinidad between Jan. 19th and Feb. 17th for ministry preparation and promotion; may God fulfill His will through all these works.
3. Please pray especially for families or individuals with spiritual and material needs. May we learn to love each other and practice the love of Christ to them.
4. Please continue to pray for peace on earth: pray for the situation in Hong Kong, tensions in the Middle East, Ukraine Airlines Flight 752, the fire in Australia, The Brexit of the United Kingdom, the economic and trade between China and the United States, the political situation in Canada, the new virus related to SARS outbreak in Wuhan China, and other natural and man-made disasters. .
1. Pray for our EM prayer meetings on every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7:30 PM in room B03 and that people will be encouraged to participate in them.
2. Please remember in prayer our EM / YM Fellowships, Katalyst (High School) and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Off Night on Friday January 24th as well as Philia (Junior High) as they have Off Night on Saturday, January 25th.
3. Pray for our sister Grace Chan who is currently battling cancer. May God grant her doctors wisdom to give her the best care.
4. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
- Pray for those serving in children ministry. May they draw their strength and wisdom from God as they faithfully serve our church families.
- Pray for today’s Mission Sunday, may the speaker has wisdom to lead our children to understand what Mission really means to us.