Prayer Items December 1st, 2019
For our Church Community
- Our 2019 Church Sub Theme is “Fish for People” and as we continue to make disciples from “Me” (Individual) to “We” (Church) and eventually to “Others”, may we all experience how to be Fishers of People as we go and bear fruit.
- Please pray for our pastors and leaders as they plan for the Year 2020 and for the continuous journey towards a disciple-making church.
- Please pray for our Church as we are looking for an EM Pastor and an Assistant Pastor for Youth (Cantonese & Mandarin).
- Please pray for the elected members of the Deacon Board Structure/Function Review Committee held last Sunday.
- Pray for brothers and sisters to be baptized on Sunday Dec. 22nd and those who are praying about the decision to get baptized.
For God’s Kingdom
1. Thank God to continue giving us the chance to participate in the OCC Shoebox campaign this year. Praise to the Lord that we have collected 1,035 shoeboxes. May God continue to bless OCC’s ministry and let God’s kingdom continue to expand.
2. Christmas is around the corner and when we celebrate these days with joy let us be reminded to pray for those people around us who are spiritually in need and may we share the good news of Jesus to them.
3. Pray for Hong Kong and for the people affected by the incidents. We ask that God’s Sovereign Hand be at work in Hong Kong during this time. We also pray for the turmoil and conflicts across Europe, and ask God’s mercy and keeping.
- Pray for our EM prayer meetings on every 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7:30 pm in room B03 and that people will be encouraged to participate in them.
2. Please pray for Katalyst (High School) as they have Small Group Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Spiritual Gifts Night on Friday, December 6th, as well as Philia (Junior High) as they will have Christmas Celebration Night on Saturday, December 7th.
3. Pray for our sister Grace Chan who is currently battling cancer. May God grant her doctors wisdom to give her the best care.
4. Continue to pray for those who are sick and those who are going through a tough time in their lives.
1. Pray for those serving in children ministry. May they draw their strength and wisdom from God as they faithfully serve our church families.
2. Pray for our children understanding of Christmas, may our children celebrate the birth of Christ together.