Prayer Items September 26th, 2021
For Church Community
- As we journey into the Fall, may we move forward with a united spirit with one vision and purpose that will make us a true witness for Jesus Christ as we seek to be a disciple-making church.
- Pray for a fruitful in-person worship experience. Pray that congregates will be renewed and be blessed.
- We are thankful that the permit for the foyer renovation & AV upgrade has been approved and work has started. Pray for a smooth and safe process for the project.
- Pray for wisdom for the Pastors, staff and church leaders as they solidify plans for next year.
- Pray for the recruitment of the Assistant Pastor for Youth (CM/MM) and Pastor-In-charge (CM). May God provides the right candidates to help our church grow and extend our ministry.
- Pray for the continued formation of the 2022 C Remember the Council Nomination Committee in our prayers. Pray for people with a willing heart to serve.
- Pray for the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday. Let us take this opportunity to connect with our family and to count the blessings of God and be thankful for God’s protection and provision in the past year
For God’s Kingdom
- As we continue with our upcoming 40th Anniversary “Blessed to Bless” initiatives, may God help us look beyond our building to our neighbourhood community to reveal God’s kingdom.
Pray for the upcoming Fall Fest on October 31st.
- Pray for the upcoming Mission Conference on Oct 22nd and 24th . Pray for the speaker, Julia Bowring (English Joint Conference with other Logos churches) and Alyssa Esparaz (Children Missions Conference). May God touch our hearts and respond to His calling.
- Please pray for Rev. Wilson Lu and his family as they settle into the Panama mission field. Pray for the establishment of his new ministry. Also, remember in prayer Wendy and Keith Kwan (Tijuana, Mexico) as they are making their final arrangements to go to their mission field.
- Pray for Rev. Andrew Lee and his family as they return to the mission field in Hong Kong.
- Pray for the families who have emigrated to Canada recently.
a.Pray for smooth transition and adaptation.
b.Pray for the formation of NIT( New Immigrant Taskforce) as we move towards as a more welcoming church.
c.Pray for the opportunity to share the gospel and respond to their spiritual needs.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for love and peace at this time as we show the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying:
a.Pray for Canada and for the containment of the Delta variant that is quickly spreading around the world. Let us not relax but continue to be mindful to keep safe and healthy.
b.For those who have been impacted by COVID-19. May God protect and comfort them and their families during this challenging time.
c.Pray for God’s protection for the students and teachers as more covid 19 cases have been reported after attending school in person.
- Pray for the newly re-elected government. May God give them wisdom to lead our country.
- Please pray for our confused and broken world as a spark of hope is beginning to rise among people. May we continually share the hope of Jesus with others and that the church can reach out to the world.
a.Please remember Afghanistan as violence continues. Pray for peace and protection for the people.
b.Pray for the reconciliation and healing process of the Indigenous community.
c.Pray for the fellow brothers and sisters who suffer persecution for their faith.
d.May God fill the world with peace and harmony. Pray for the recent anti-Muslim hate crimes.
e.Pray for the political unrest around the world.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings on 1st , 3rd , & 5th Wednesday at 8 PM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships: Katalyst (High School) as they have Small Group Night and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Fellowship Night on Friday, October 1st and Philia (Junior High) as they have Thanksgiving Celebration on Saturday, October 9th. May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those who are stressed over work and studying from home.
- Pray for Fall Fest, pray that we would invite newcomers, may we have power to share with our community about God.
- Pray for Children Ministry Teacher Retreat in November, we pray for the opportunity to get together, relax, reconnect, and to support each other.