Prayer Items September 5th, 2021
For Church Communities
- As we embark on our journey, may we move forward with a united spirit towards an aligned vision and purpose that will make us a true witness for Jesus Christ as we seek to be a disciple making church. May we be mindful of God’s blessings and be alert and sensitive to where He is leading us.
- Continue to pray as we prepare for phase 2 of church reopening (in person and online worship) with new services time at 9am(MM) and 11am(CM and EM/YM).
- Pray for the continuing development (i.e. supply shortages) of the foyer renovation and AV upgrade project. Pray for patience and understanding as we navigate the upcoming construction which may cause some inconvenience.
- Pray for the continual formation of 2022 Council. Remember the Council Nomination Committee in our prayers. Pray for people with a willing heart to serve.
- Pray for parents and students as they begin preparing for the return to school in September.
For God’s Kingdom
- As we continue with our upcoming 40th Anniversary “Blessed to Bless” initiatives, may God help us look beyond our building to our neighborhood community to reveal God’s kingdom.
Pray for the preparation and opportunity to bless our community through the upcoming Community Movie Night on September 18th.
- Please pray for Rev. Wilson Lu and his family as they settle into the Panama mission field. Pray for the establishment of his new ministry. Also, remember in prayer Wendy and Keith Kwan (Tijuana, Mexico) as they are making their final preparations to go to their mission field.
- As we continue to navigate through COVID–19, let’s pray for love and peace at this time as we show the love of Christ to those who are around us by praying:
a Pray for Canada and for the containment of the Delta variant that is quickly spreading around the world. Let us not relax but continue to be mindful to keep safe and healthy.
b. For those who have been impacted by COVID-19. May God protect and comfort them and their families during this challenging time.
- Pray for the upcoming Federal Election in September. May God gives us wisdom to vote for leaders of the country.
- Please pray for our confused and broken world as a spark of hope is beginning to rise among people.
a. Pray for Louisiana as hurricane Ida has swept through the state’s coast and caused significant damage. Pray for the recovery and reconstruction of the state.
b.Pray for Haiti as the country was struck by a major earthquake and tropical storm. Many buildings and homes were destroyed. Pray for God’s mercy and comfort. May God give them courage to face the long road of rebuilding ahead.
c. Please remember Afghanistan as violence has broken out. Also, pray for the safe arrival to Canada of interpreters that helped our troops.
d. Pray for the reconciliation and healing process of the Indigenous community.
e.May God fill the world with peace and harmony. Pray for the recent anti-Muslim hate crimes.
f.Pray for the political unrest around the world.
May we continually share the hope of Jesus with others and that the church can reach out to the world.
- Pray for our online Zoom EM prayer meetings on Wednesday at 7:30 PM and that people will be encouraged to participate in them during this time of uncertainty in the world.
- Please remember in prayer our EM/YM Fellowships: Katalyst (High School) as they have 2021 – 2022 In Person Kick Off Launch and Refresh (Young Adults) as they have Fellowship Night on Friday, September 10th and Philia (Junior High) as they have In Person Fellowship Night on Saturday, September 11th. May we continue to grow in our faith through these fellowships.
- Continue to pray for those who are sick, concerned about grandparents/ family members who are susceptible to the virus.
- Pray for those that who are isolated and struggling personally. Also, for those are stressed over work and studying from home.
- As we welcome the Grade 6s into EM/YM, we pray that they make a successful transition. We also pray for their coaches who will be investing in them to become disciple making disciples of Jesus Christ.
- Pray for our children, they will all move one grade up from September. We pray that kids will get to know their Sunday School teachers well, may God also bless our brothers and sisters who are serving the Children Ministry this term.
- Pray for Sonlight Bundles children fellowship. May God guide our coaches for planning, help our kids learn about God’s love and grace.