Welcome ALL to our Logos Milliken
If this is your first time at Logos, please visit our Welcome Table and kindly sign our guest book.
Next Week’s EM/YM Joint Service
- Worship Speaker : Rev. KC Ng
- Passage for Message: Philippians 2:1-11
- Welcome Team: EM
Our Sunday worship starts at 11:30 am with a period of 15 minutes for us to pray and reflect. We encourage you to make use of this time to prepare your hearts to worship and enjoy the presence of God.
Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting
EM has prayer meetings every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30 PM in room B03. You are invited to come and pray together as a community.
As we transition from recapping the disciple making process visualized by 4 Chairs we will be continuing our Philippians message series focusing upon centering our lives along the priorities and character of Christ and allowing that to transform us to fruit bearers.
News of Sunday School — New term begins in March. Please go to room B12 or ask Cecilia Lam for details.
EM and YM will be having their annual Winter Retreat from Friday, February 21st to Sunday February 23rd. We will be going to Fair Havens Retreat Center in Beaverton, Ontario. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask Rev. George or Pastor Mike for more details.
- Special Offering – We received last Sunday $4,010 and will continue to have the special offering today. The proceeds will help provide food and assistance to Wuhan and its neighboring villages through CBM and their trusted partners.
Special offering envelopes marked “CBM” can be obtained from ushers or the front desk. Tax receipts will be issued by the Church. Please make cheques payable to “LBC (Milliken)”.
- In view of the novel coronavirus outbreak, to ensure safety amongst its participants, Church outreach activities including Scouts, English Classes, Line Dance, Basketball, Karaoke, Mon Sheong and Yee Hong visiting, have been cancelled for February .
- Board of Deacons Meeting — to be held today at 1 PM in A08.
- AGM 2020 and Town Hall
This year's AGM will be held at 3 PM on March 22nd, 2020, where the congregation will be asked to vote on whether to accept Rev. George Mah to be the Senior Pastor of our Church. Please pray for our church and ourselves, that we seek God's guidance for Logos during this important moment. There will be a Town Hall session at 3 PM on March 1st, 2020 where members can ask questions pertaining to this vote.
News from Children Ministry
Parenting Training: Bounce Back & Thrive!
We will be offering a free 10-session resiliency skills training program for parents and caregivers of children under the age of 8. Start date will be on March 7th, every Saturday morning 9:45am-11:45am . For more information & registration, please go to Children Centre after worship.
News from Finance
Tax receipts for 2019 tithes and offerings will be available today and 23rd. Please pick them up at 10:30 – 11:15 AM and 12:45 – 1:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall.
- Save the day for 2020 Spring Conference — to be held on Fri-Sun, May 16-18th at Brock University.
Main theme : Go ‧ Bear Fruit
Speaker : Dr. Enoch Wong (Cantonese and English)
Registration will begin on March 8, 2020
- Pastoral and Office News
a. The Church office will be closed on Family Day, Monday, February 17th.
b. Pastors and co-workers will take Tuesday February 18th off as deferred holiday for Family Day on Monday, and will be back in the office on February 19th.