Registration Forms are available!
Contact Information: E-mail us at email@example.com
LBCM Koinonia Camp is about creating a Godly and stimulating environment for our young people to learn and play together. We want to see our young people motivated by an invigorating journey that focuses on personal and leadership development. Young people will experience engaging activities and amazing Bible stories.
“Train a child in the way he should go, and even when he is old he will not turn from it” (Proverbs 22:6)
KOINONIA CAMP has 2 tracks: CHILDREN TRACK (JK-Grade 4) and LEADERSHIP TRACK (Grade 5-8)
CHILDREN TRACK For students currently in JK (Age 4)-Grade 4, limited enrollment of 35 per week!
This Children Track focuses on helping your children develop healthy social emotional skills. In a child-friendly and fun environment, children will learn how to interact with other people, and understand and control their own emotions.
- Character Building: Using Biblical principles, children will work on developing Trust, Love, Forgiveness, Humility, and Courage.
- Tutoring: We have partnered up with *Paideia Learning Centre to provide tutoring classes. Subjects will include math, science, and nutrition.
- Stations: Children will learning different skills by engaging in four different stations: Bible and character building, arts and crafts, recreation and sports, and life skills.
During these fun-filled weeks, our goal is to help your children become responsible, faithful, and purposeful Godly citizens.
*At Paideia Learning Centre, our mission is to provide a safe learning environment for children to explore, learn and grow to reach their full potential. Each week, your child will be learning about Math, Science or Nutrition in fun and practical ways that will be unforgettable! Topics are based on the Ontario curriculum, and each lesson is uniquely designed to make the learning experience meaningful and enjoyable. We look forward to being part of your child’s education journey this summer! For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
LEADERSHIP TRACK For students currently in Grade 5-8, limited enrollment of 25 per week!
Our Leadership Track provides students currently in Grade 5 to Grade 8, with the opportunity to understand, develop, and exercise their personal and leadership abilities, as well as spiritual growth through indoor and outdoor activities. This year, we will focus upon team dynamics and knowing our strengths and weaknesses in group environments.
Personal Development occurs through basic life skills training, fitness improvement, building self-awareness/confidence, learning to take the initiative in situations, maintaining situational awareness, understanding our personality types and different ways we like to help others, as well as overcoming obstacles encountered.
Leadership Development occurs through the development of gifts and abilities as well as the practice of them, volunteer experiences, time management exercises, team building skills, verbal and non - verbal communication growth, and opportunities to put what they have learned by spearheading initiatives related to the Koinonia Camp.
Spiritual Development occurs through daily worship, scripture reading, take home challenges, and thoughts to reflect upon in their day to day lives.
1. When and how long:
- July 13-August 14, 2020 (5 WEEKS)
- Monday to Friday 9:00am to 4:00pm
- Except for the short week: Tuesday to Friday August 4-7, 2020
2. Camp fee and money
- 5 Weeks: $675 (Early bird: on or before May 23, 2020)
- 5 Weeks: $750 (After May 23, 2020)
- 3 Weeks or more: $150 per week
- 1 or 2 Weeks: $170 per week
- Week August 4-7 (short week): $25 discounted on the week
- Early drop off 8:00-9:00am: $10 per week
- Late Pick up 4:00-6:00pm ($1/minute after 6:00pm): $25 per week
- After 6:00pm: $1 per minute
LBCM only accepts cash or cheques for payments. Please make cheques payable to Logos Baptist Church (Milliken).
Instructions for mailing the cheque: Write on the envelope:
Attn: Church Office: Koinonia Camp 133 Old Kennedy Road. Markham. ON L3R 0L5
Request for withdrawal or any changes must be submitted before June 22, 2020. There will be a $50 administration fee for withdrawal, $30 for changes made to a different week(s), and $30 for switching from children track to leadership track or the other way around.
A Full Refund (less $50 administration charge per session) will be given if a request for cancellation is provided in writing before June 22, 2020. No Refund will be given after June 22, 2020.
3. Food and Water
- Students are to bring their own lunch.
- Due to life threatening nut allergies, we ask that the camp be a NUT-FREE zone. Please pack a lunch and snack that DO NOT contain nut products. A friendly reminder again that any nut-products must not be allowed in the premise. If your child has consumed food(s) with nuts before attending the camp, please make sure that no smell or trace of it is left behind.
- Please remember to pack your child a water bottle and a lunch that does not require refrigeration or reheating.
4. Personal Belongings
Please be sure to mark all personal belongings with the child’s first and last name.
5. Money and Electronics
Expenses for all activities are included in the registration fee. Please do not send children to camp with money or other valuable items. Any kind of electronic devices, such as iPods, handheld video games, fidget spinners, etc are not allowed during programs. We will not be responsible for anything lost or stolen.
6. Gym and Outdoor activities
- During camp, there will be gym times with physical activities. Please bring appropriate shoes to wear or bring another pair for the children to run in.
- Children will have outdoor activities throughout the weeks, so please give your children sunscreen/hats/sunglasses, etc.
7. Field Trips
Please only pack only what it is necessary for the trip. Anything that the leaders might consider unnecessary will be left at church. For more information about the field trips, please contact email@example.com
8. Medication and sickness
- If your children need to take medication while at camp or require an Epi-pen or inhaler, please inform the sign-in staff.
- If your children show any signs of illness, please DO NOT bring them in. Our staff has the right to withhold any children from attending any summer program activities on that day in the event that your child displays symptoms of illness.
For poster, download HERE
For flyer, download HERE
For registration and consent form, download HERE