Student Support Assistant (Children Track)
The Student Support Assistant (Children Track) will supervise and teach a small group of children, assist children with special needs, plan and supervise the field trips, monitor them during lunch and snack time, and plan and execute the large group activities. These activities will teach Character Building themes. Furthermore, the staff will also build relationship with the children and actively assist in other assigned camp activities and duties.
What would you be doing?
- Safely lead and participate with a small group of kids in the daily activities of the camp.
- Supervise the children during field trips: Make sure children bring the necessary items. Be aware of any medication the children need.
- Supervise them during lunch time.
- Assist children with special need.
- Help children learn healthy habits and behaviours: Implement disciplinary actions as needed.
- Nurture the child’s skills and talents in a fun, positive and safe environment.
- Actively supervise and build relationship with children during other camp activities and assigned duties.
- Attend briefing and debriefing sessions on time.
- Assist with the tidying of camp facilities.
Requirements to apply*
- Enthusiastic about teaching children.
- Great attention to safety.
- Patience when teaching children specific skills.
- Ability to plan and carry out a structured program within a team.
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with little supervision.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit: ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve optimal results.
- Teachable, humble, and carries an attitude of selflessness and servanthood.
- Emergency first aid training: Current First Aid & CPR certification.
* Funding might be coming from Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ). If funding is provided from CSJ, the applicant must be between age 15 to 30 and legally entitled to work in Canada.
April 30, 2020
How to Apply
Quoting 'Student Support Assistant (Children Track)' in the subject line, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Note : You are required to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check if employed