Recreation Program Leader (Children Track Rec and Sports Staff)
The Recreation Program Leader (Children Track Rec and Sports staff) will plan, encourage, and engage children in active physical activities. These activities will teach Character Building themes. Also, these activities might include teaching sports related skills. Furthermore, the staff will also build relationship with the children and actively assist in other assigned camp activities and duties.
What would you be doing?
- Plan and execute age appropriate active physical activities related to the Character Building themes.
- Help the children build teamwork.
- Nurture the child’s skills and talents in a fun, positive and safe environment.
- Provide engaging programs that will encourage campers to embrace a physically fit and active lifestyle.
- Actively supervise and build relationship with children during other camp activities and assigned duties.
- Attend briefing and debriefing sessions on time.
- Assist with the tidying of camp facilities.
Requirements to apply*
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the benefits of living an active lifestyle.
- Enthusiastic about teaching children.
- Great attention to safety.
- Patience when teaching children specific skills.
- Ability to plan and carry out a structured program within a team.
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with little supervision.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit: ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve optimal results.
- Teachable, humble, and carries an attitude of selflessness and servanthood.
- Emergency first aid training: Current First Aid & CPR certification.
* Funding might be coming from Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ). If funding is provided from CSJ, the applicant must be between age 15 to 30 and legally entitled to work in Canada.
April 30, 2020
How to Apply
Quoting 'Recreation Program Leader (Children Track)' in the subject line, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Note : You are required to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check if employed