Leadership Track Counsellor, Day Camp - Recreation
The Counsellor, Day Camp - Recreation staff will be working together as a Leadership Track team to plan and develop sports clinics that will help campers develop their skills and knowledge of different sports. Additionally, they will be asked to assist with planning recreational games and activities for the campers. They will also build relationships with the teens and actively assist in other assigned camp activities and duties as required.
- Plan and develop sports clinics that will would develop various sport-related skills for the youth and build up leadership / teamwork abilities.
- Help the youth build teamwork and develop their individual skills in a fun and positive environment.
- Provide engaging recreational activities and programs that will encourage campers to embrace a physically fit and active lifestyle.
- Actively supervise and build relationships with the youth during other camp activities and assigned duties.
- Attend briefing/debriefing sessions with the rest of the Leadership Track staff on daily basis.
- Passionate and knowledgeable about sports with an interest in teaching youth.
- Ability to plan and carry out a structured program within a team.
- Ability to plan and execute tasks with little supervision.
- Effective communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team spirit: ability to motivate and inspire others to achieve optimal results.
- Teachable, humble, and carries an attitude of selflessness and servant hood.
- Emergency first aid training: Current First Aid & CPR certification.
* Funding might be coming from Canada Summer Jobs (CSJ). If funding is provided from CSJ, the applicant must be between age 15 to 30 and legally entitled to work in Canada.
April 30, 2020
How to Apply
Quoting 'Leadership Track Counsellor, Day Camp - Recreation' in the subject line, please send your resume to email@example.com.
Note : You are required to obtain a Police Vulnerable Sector Check if employed