News & Announcements March 1st, 2020
Welcome ALL to our Logos Milliken
We warmly welcome Rev. Paul Lam from CBOQ as our speaker this morning as we celebrate CBOQ Sunday.
Next Week’s CBOQ Sunday Service
- Worship Speaker : Rev. George Mah
- Passage for Message: Philippians 2:12-16
- Welcome Team: YM
Our Sunday worship starts at 11:30 am with a period of 15 minutes for us to pray and reflect. We encourage you to make use of this time to prepare your hearts to worship and enjoy the presence of God.
Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting
EM has prayer meetings every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30 PM in room B03. You are invited to come and pray together as a community.
As we transition from recapping the disciple making process visualized by 4 Chairs we will be continuing our Philippians message series focusing upon centering our lives along the priorities and character of Christ and allowing that to transform us to fruit bearers.
A new course on The Evangelical Faith — an introduction to the core ideas, beliefs and doctrinal affirmations that unite Evangelicals worldwide, will start from March 1st in Room B12, all are welcome to attend.
- Church outreach activities (Scouts, English Classes, Line Dance, Basketball, Karaoke, Mon Sheong and Yee Hong visiting), have been cancelled for March, in view of the outbreak of the novel coronavirus and to ensure safety amongst its participants.
- Town Hall — will be held on March 1st, 2020 at 3 PM, where members can ask questions and make suggestions pertaining to the AGM vote.
- AGM 2020 — Annual Meeting to be held on March 22nd at 3PM in the Sanctuary. The agenda items are
a. Accept the 2019 financial report
b. Accept the 2020 financial budget
c. Elect an internal auditor of 2020
d. Accept Deacon Tony Pang as LBCM’s director representative to sit on the Logos Joint Mission Board of Directors
e. Accept Rev. George Mah to be Senior Pastor, commencing April 1st 2020 to March 31st 2023.
The annual meeting will accept advance voting and proxy voting. Please contact office staff for details, or to vote by email, please email your name and member number to firstname.lastname@example.org to request a ballot.
The financial report for 2019 will be printed on the Sunday and placed at the reception. Members are encouraged to read it in advance and please bring it back when attending the annual meeting.
- 2020 Active Member List — is posted in the basement hallway. Members please verify your names and take note of your member numbers. If you notice on the list brothers and sisters who have been absent for a year or more (the whole of 2019); or your name is missing from the list, please write your name on the blank sheet provided or talk to Deacon Marcel
- Internal Auditor for LBCM 2020
Our church is now seeking nomination for the position of Internal Auditor for the year 2020. Interested members, who have relevant experience and training, and have the passion to serve the Body of Christ are welcome. Please submit your name to Chairman of the Board by March 1st, 2020.
News from Finance
Offering reports for Feb. 2020 and Jan-Feb 2020 reports are now posted on the bulletin board outside the main office. Please check your records for reconciliation.
News from Children Ministry
Parenting Training: Bounce Back & Thrive!
We will be offering a free 10-session resiliency skills training program for parents and caregivers of children under the age of 8. Start date will be on March 7th, every Saturday morning 9:45am-11:45am . For more information & registration, please go to Children Centre after worship.
Koinonia Camp 2020 — will run five weeks from July 13th to August 14th. Children Track is for students from JK to Gr. 4; Leadership Track is for Gr. 5 to Gr. 8.
For registration please go to Children Centre, for more information please contact Pastor Angelina Hung or Pastor Mike Wong. Registration form can be downloaded from the church website.
- Save the day for 2020 Spring Conference — to be held on Fri-Sun, May 16-18th at Brock University.
Main theme : Go ‧ Bear Fruit
Speaker : Dr. Enoch Wong (Cantonese and English)
- Daylight Savings Time — please remember to wind your clock forward by 1 hour on Saturday, March 7th.
- Library and Literature News — Every 1st and 2nd Sunday of each odd month, our church library will have spiritual books displayed in the Fellowship Hall for brothers and sisters to borrow for reading.
- Membership Transfer — Pastor Angelina Hung and brother Lin Song Wan have completed all necessary procedures of membership transfer and have become members of our church.
- Retirement Lunch— a retirement lunch will be scheduled on March 29th to appreciate the faithful service of Rev. Chung for the past six years at Logos. Details to come shortly.
- News of Members — sister Grace Chan in EM passed away last Thursday afternoon, May God’s hand of comfort and strength be with her family during this difficult time.