Welcome ALL to our Logos Milliken
If this is your first time at Logos, please visit our Welcome Table and kindly sign our guest book.
Next Week’s EM/YM Joint Service
- Worship Speaker : Rev Edmund Wu
- Welcome Team: YM
- Passage for Message: 2 Cor 11:16-33
Our Sunday worship starts at 11:30 am with a period of 15 minutes for us to pray and reflect. We encourage you to make use of this time to prepare your hearts to worship and enjoy the presence of God.
Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting
EM has prayer meetings every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30 pM in room B03. You are invited to come and pray together as a community.
News of Sunday School — a new course on LIVE College and Young Adult Curriculum will be offered in the new season of Sunday School starting on Dec. 1st, all brothers and sisters are encouraged to attend.
1. LBC Food Drive — Today is the last day to collect non-perishable items, please drop into the box beside the elevator.
2. We are also collecting various eyeglasses and non-prescription sunglasses until Dec. 7th. Please drop into the labelled box next to the elevator.
1. 2019 LBC Joint Mission Conference Mission Pledges― for those who still want to support the mission pledges, please pick up the form from our welcome desk. After filling it, please drop it off in the offering box in the chapel. Our Joint Mission budget next year is $132,500 and our church Mission budget is $74,300 for a total of $206,800. Please pray for our mission efforts, and brothers and sisters supporting this pledge through faith.
2. Operation Christmas Child — up to last Sunday, We have collected a total of 536 shoeboxes. Today is the last day of shoebox collection. If you are not able to drop off the shoebox today, please bring them back to church office during office hours by Wednesday, November 20th with $10/each box for shipping.
News from Children’s Ministry — Fall Fest photos are available for pick up, please go to children center to pick them up.
1. Deacon Board Structure/Function Review Committee—Congregation Representative Election
Election will be held on Sunday November 24th, 2019 after service. Two representatives shall be chosen by English Ministry members from below:
- Application received by September 15th, 2019 deadline:
Andrea Pang (confirmed vote)
- Application received during extension period till October 6th, 2019:
Juliette Wong, Jim Hui (choose 1)
Candidate must receive more than 50% affirmative vote from all valid ballots received in order to be elected.
Pastoral Intern - Young Adult & Family (Cantonese) — Lawrence Wong will be joining our Logos pastoral team as pastoral intern for one year starting January 2020. During the first half of his internship, Lawrence will work part time. He will move on to work full time from July 2020.
1. Financial Highlights for 2019 LBCM
2. Members News — Our brother Thomas Li in Carmel Fellowship rested in peace last Monday Nov. 11th, and his funeral service was held last Saturday in our church. May God comfort the family at this difficult time.
3. Pastoral News
A pastoral retreat will be held on Nov. 24-25th at Fair Havens.