Welcome ALL to our Logos Milliken
If this is your first time at Logos, please visit our Welcome Table and kindly sign our guest book.
Next Week’s EM/YM Joint Service
- Worship Speaker : Rev. George Mah
- Welcome Team: EM
- Passage for Message: 2 Cor 5:11-21
Our Sunday worship starts at 11:30 am with a period of 15 minutes for us to pray and reflect. We encourage you to make use of this time to prepare your hearts to worship and enjoy the presence of God.
Wednesday Night Prayer Meeting
EM has prayer meetings every 1st and 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:30PM in room B03. You are invited to come and pray together as a community.
- Deacon Board Structure & Function Review Committee -Congregation Representative — We encourage members from EM and CM who are interested in taking part in this task force to submit their names directly to Deacon Edwin Siu - Chairman of the Board before October 6th.
- Member's Meeting — to be held on September 29th after each respective service to conduct the followings:
- Election of 2020 Council Members
- Approval of Contract Extension to Pastor Yu-Ling Pan for 3 years ending August 31st , 2022
- Approval of 2020 Joint Mission and Local Mission Budgets.
Copies of proposed Joint and Local Mission Budget are available at the reception table.
3. Town Hall Meeting — to be held on September 29th from 1:30-3:30pm to conduct the followings:
- Report from Acting Senior Pastor
- Report from Deacon Board
Light meal (buns) and drinks will be served.
- Children Ministry is asking all parents/ guardians to update their children's records. If you have children from 0 to Grade 6, please go to children centre during the month of September to update your children information. This will help us keep your children safe. Today is the last day for updating.
2. Fall Fest 2019
a. Children age 2 to Grade 6 are invited to join us for an evening full fun and fellowship on October 31st from 6:30pm-8:30pm. It is $3 per child. There is an option to purchase dinner (dinner is $2 and at 6:00pm). Children under 2 and newcomers are free. Parents/Guardians are responsible to supervise their children at all times. For more information, please contact Pastor Angelina or Connie.
b. Fall Fest 2019 need volunteers! If you are interested in serving, please contact Pastor Angelina.
1. Arrangement for Thanksgiving Joint Worship Sunday on October 13th.
a. CM1/MM 9:30AM in the Sanctuary: preaching in English and interpreting in Mandarin
b. CM2/EM/YM 11:30AM in the Sanctuary: preaching in English and interpreting in Cantonese.
2. Membership Transfer
Brother De Xiang Zhen and Sister Gui Ying Luo Zhen had completed all necessary procedures of membership transfer, and officially became our church members.
3. News of Members
a. Sister Oi Ku Tung Chau of Hebron Fellowship passed away on Sept. 21st , and the funeral service was held yesterday, may God comfort the family during this difficult moment.
b. Sister Connie Chiu of Canaan Fellowship passed away on Sept. 24th , and the funeral service was held yesterday, may God comfort the family during this difficult moment.
4. News of Pastors
a. Pastors Mike Wong and Angelina Hung will be attending the Pathfinder Retreat in Fair Heavens from October 4 – 6th.
b. Rev. Stephen Chung will be preaching at North Toronto Chinese Baptist Church this morning.
c. Pastor Yu-Ling Pan will be preaching at Metro Chinese Christian Mission this morning.
d. Rev. Fred Chiu will be on leave in October, and will be back in the office on Friday Nov. 1st.