Full Time Position : Assistant Pastor for Youth (Cantonese/Mandarin)
Reports to : Senior Pastor
To minister to students with the goal of building disciples for Christ, equipping them to embody the gospel through word, actions and deeds. Special attention and effort is required to be put in for the Cantonese and Mandarin speaking students.
- A born again Christian, professes the same faith and theological view of the Baptists.
- Clarity in the calling to full time pastoral ministry.
- Graduate from a recognized Theological Seminary.
- Minimum 3 years youth ministry experience, preferably in North American churches.
- Has a heart in outreaching youth in high school and university, initiative and caring with a pastoral heart.
- Fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin, fluent in spoken English an asset.
A. Youth Ministry
- Develop vision and minister to the spiritual needs of young people from in our current Youth Ministry as:
- Actively participate in outreaching of students in and around our community/campuses/schools.
- Intentionally connect with students through various channels (Social Media, Face to Face, etc.).
- Overseer and provide leadership in youth group(s)/fellowships.
- Participate in planning for youth outreach initiatives.
- Engage in discipling students, training them to become faithful followers of Christ.
- Ability to Preach and Communicate God’s Word.
- Teach Sunday school.
- Recruit, develop, guide and supervise volunteers for YM.
- Work collaboratively with the English Youth Pastor.
B. General Responsibility
- Build and establish good relationship with young people and their parents.
- Motivate young people and grow them to become Christ-like persons and leaders in the church and society.
- Develop appropriately and monitor plans and schedules for the meetings and various programs.
- Preaching in other Congregations as required.
- Maintain normal office hours.
- Observe and abide by Church rules and policy.
- Graduate from a recognized theological institution with a minimum of Bachelor of Religious Education.
- Fluent in Cantonese and Mandarin, fluent in English an asset.
- Experience serving in a tri-lingual church an asset.
Interested parties please submit your resume to