Full Time Position : Assistant Pastor - Young Adults and Families (Cantonese)
Reports to : Senior Pastor
To minister to Cantonese speaking congregation with the goal of building disciples for Christ, equipping them to embody the gospel through word, actions and deeds. Special attention and caring to be given for the young adults and families.
- A born again Christian, professes the same faith and theological view of the Baptists.
- Clarity in the calling to full time pastoral ministry.
- Graduate from a recognized Theological Seminary with a minimum of Master of Theological Studies.
- Experience in ministering to young adults and families, preferably in North American churches.
- Has a heart in outreaching to young adults and families, initiative and caring with a pastoral heart.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English, ability to speak Mandarin an asset.
A. Youth Ministry
- Develop vision and minister to the spiritual and physical/emotional needs of young adults and families:
- Develop an understanding of the needs of the congregation of this life stage.
- Intentionally connect with the group through various channels (social media, face to face, etc.).
- Provide leadership in ministering to these groups of congregation.
- Engage in discipling young adults and families, training them to becoming faithful followers of Christ.
- Ability to preach and communicate God’s word to congregant of this generation.
B. General Responsibility
- Participate in teaching Sunday School.
- Develop appropriately and monitor plans and schedules for the meetings and various programs.
- Preaching in other Congregations as required.
- Maintain normal office hours.
- Observe and abide by Church's faith, rules and policy.
- Graduate from a recognized theological institution with a minimum of Master of Theological Studies.
- Fluent in Cantonese and English, fluent in Mandarin an asset.
- Experience serving in a tri-lingual church an asset.
Interested parties please submit your resume to